Trust Levels suck

Trust levels are also dumb when people mass report for simple disagreements. So it pretty much flags your account to almost NEVER reach level 3.

“Trust levels” just sound stupid anyways, imho.

If people can’t take criticism on a forum where you’re supposed to talk about the game… we have problems.

If a company can’t moderate without being worn out… we have bigger underlying issues.

13 Likes

I came here for the memes and i am not disappointed :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You can still post link to images as long as you Preformatted text them.

People just wont see them as long as they dont copy paste.

I have trust level 3 but never cared about posting images. As long as I can use emotes I’m fine :roll_eyes:

1 Like

12 Likes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/22369358.jpg

And because you’re a crazy cat lady,

8 Likes

2 Likes

The whole concept made no sense. It feels more like a soft form of censorship to me.

The class forums are a shell of what they were. Most of the dialogue has moved to the respective Discord channels, so it’s a moot point I suppose.

4 Likes

It’s not censorship when Blizzard has rules about how their own forums work.

6 Likes

The only thing that bothers me about not being trust lvl 3 is getting pestered with ‘you can’t post links’. So then I have to scour my post for the exact thing it’s talking about because sometimes, when I quote someone else, it counts that as a link or photo.

2 Likes

The key word is italicized.

I think what’s more bothersome are those who have it yet have been reported for CoC violations more than once. It’s a flawed metric.

2 Likes

The key word is also irrelevant.

They have the rules but they unfortunately do not seem to apply to everyone the same way.

6 Likes

I called someone annoying in a post that was a few paragraphs long and received a 48 hour silence because of that. Because of that, and that alone I will never be level 3.

I don’t really much care, but if calling someone who consistently spams the forums with troll threads annoying can keep you from getting level 3, it’s a horrible system.

14 Likes

You don’t need to make a single more post, all you need is to read or pretend to read through a lot more of other peoples posts. I think you have been trying for the wrong goals.

Criticism isn’t the issue, being insulting when you criticize is.

8 Likes

I am a Forever 2 due to past forum naughty behavior, although there are others who said they have had suspensions and are able to post non-wowhead/youtube links.

2 Likes

All them images are blocked. Makes the page load nice and quick, but pretty damn boring.

(I’ve just got media blocked via uBlock origin as the default setting)

I feel people should be more concerned with the game than trust levels on the forums. :wink: