Trust Level: What does it mean to "Enter a Topic?"

I keep seeing the phrase: “Entering at least X topics” like here as a criteria for improving trust level. Does that mean “create” or enter as in “visit?”

I was confused about that too. For a long time I thought it meant creating topics, and I was sure I’d never advance because I’m not a topic creator. But I reached Level 3 pretty quickly and now I’m pretty sure it means simply opening topics.

1 Like

Lol didn’t know that was a thing, where do you even see it?

I did notice they reset the postcount from the previous forums, i had quite a bit back then lol.

Yeah, I had over 30,000 across all my alts. Now it only counts per character.

Blizzard time gates everything behind a grind, even their forums. :sunglasses:

5 Likes
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

welp I am never hitting trust level 3 :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I know right? I just found out this is a thing and it looks like I’ll never get to the top tier. Too bad, so sad.
I wonder if bans from the old forums count against you?

Anyone know if there’s a way to check progress on this?

Supposedly this is accurate: Finding out your trust level

2 Likes

it means to open a topic to read it…I can’t think of anything else it can mean anyway.

1 Like

Who really cares, once Classic is playable these forums will only serve people that are seeking attention.

It’s probably the most accurate post pertaining to trust levels on these forums as I compared the original list of requirements for level 3 and what it actually took me to reach it.

However, it is possible to drop down from level 3 to level 2 due to not keeping up your activity and it becomes a real pity to figure out where you slacked off at. Almost tempting to write a browser plugin to record my stats daily to indicate what is being neglected.

1 Like