Trust Level: Very Confusing!

I am very confused by Trust Levels.

I understand that there are three trust levels, each giving more posting rights.
But how do you tell what trust level you are at?
I have no idea whatsoever what my current trust level is.
I am assuming I am at level one, as the forum hasn’t been up and running that long.
But I have no idea how to tell when or if I ever get to level 2.

Am I missing something?
What is going on with the trust levels?

6 Likes

On your posting character’s armory, type .json at the end of the URL, it’ll bring up a page that looks like gibberish. do a ctrl+f for “trust_level” (I think that’s what it is anyway, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong) and the largest number you see next to that search result is your trust level. It is more confusing than it should be at the moment thouhg, you’re correct.

2 Likes

Click on your profile, then after the server name type .json

Then do Ctrl and F key and keyword search trust_ the last number in that toward the bottom kind of is your level. I think we are all at 0 or 1 at this time, since you have to be on the forums for like 14 days or something…

Check out the sticky thread at the top of the forums regarding new forums and syntax… It explains all the new stuff and what is required.

If I attempt to do this I will probably set my laptop on fire or some such thing. Electronics hate me just doing minimally basic stuff, doing weird things I tend to break them.

2 Likes

Self plug! :smiley:

4 Likes

Blizzard forces a “Trust” level on us in order to try to disguise the fact that their trust level with us is at an all-time low.

12 Likes

Am I the only one that doesn’t care about this trust level stuff?

It’s cool that it gives people something to werk towards but personally just being able to post is enough for me.

11 Likes

Thanks.

Apparently I am at Level 1… I’m guessing because I posted a lot in the old forums.

Nah, that’s just how the forums they switched to were designed. They’re using a forum that another company produces and they’ve adjusted it to suit their purposes.

The trust levels are there so that they can allow users to are regulars and don’t get into trouble to have more freedom/tools with posting so that they can contribute to the community better.

Trust Levels

Trust levels are a participation system on the forums. The more you post, like, reply, read, and visit the forums, the more you work your way to a higher trust level. Increased Trust levels grant additional privileges. Everyone who is new starts off at Trust Level 0 but will quickly climb by reading and visiting the forums within their first few days.

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

• Flag posts
  • Post more than 3 topics
  • Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
  • Flag posts
  • Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Have an increased “like” count.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website

Trust levels have nothing to do with old forums, we all started at 0.

8 Likes

Thanks.

I did that and have a page of gobbledygook that makes no sense whatsoever.

How am I supposed to know my trust level from that?

1 Like

The fact that your trust level can not be access simply by clicking on your avatar is astonishing. Whoever is in charge of the new forum layout needs to be marched to the wood shed.

8 Likes

Just hit ctrl + f or use the find feature on whatever browser you are using and search for “trust_level_”.

Click where it says, “Click to show example” on my guide for an example.

They need to make it easily accessible. It’s too much of a pain having to go through so many steps.

Also, what’s a quick way to access my own armory. Clicking on my character just takes me to the profile and I’m unable to go to the armory from there. It’s honestly frustrating.

4 Likes

Ah, you got that bug.

The general layout is:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/(server)/(character)

So for you it’ll be:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/vashj/mikazaki

You can save the link in your browser as a bookmark or make a post and make a forum bookmark to it for quick reference.

And just for fun, I’ll make it into a button for you.

Mikazaki’s armory

4 Likes

You should automatically have trust level 3.

4 Likes

To see your trust level, go to your profile on these forums. Add .json to the end of the URL. Then press ctrl+F in your browser and type trust_level. Find the highest number.

However, the only people above Trust Level 1 at this time should be MVPs and Blizzard Employees. Next week, people can start obtaining Trust Level 2. In January, people can start getting Trust Level 3 unless you have to go the full 100 days first.

1 Like

You don’t have to go 100 days. The people who visited very day will have level 3 on day 50. This was discovered on the OW forums.

1 Like

The .json method works and all but its still pretty confusing. Having it be listed on your own account page when you look at it, even better with a status bar showing progress to the next level, would be ideal.

1 Like

Lol…can’t be flagged more than 5 unique times. I guess that disqualifies me since I don’t sit around and say bland, inoffensive things all the time. Actually, I think I’d still get to 5 just because people would get butthurt over disagreement.

1 Like