Trust Level 3

You mean B license 145 is trust level 3?

I’ve been trust level 3 this whole time?

That was your 1st mistake blizzard

False. I had a permanent ban overturned after 11 years. Yup, eleven.

1 Like

I believe in you :slight_smile:

Must be why you hid your profile.

Congrats.

Also, every time they overhaul the forum software, they reset all the ‘permanently banned’ forum accounts.

1 Like

They don’t follow their own rules on most things.
From New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

That post is at least three years old, and Blizzard has been tweaking the forum software for that entire time. Forum suspensions are no longer a permanent barrier to attaining TL3.

1 Like

No, but for people who don’t fudge the system, the 20,000 read count is a barrier to getting it or keeping it. To me, attaining TL3 should be permanent until you do something to lose it like a suspension.

(This is not my original forum character which is why my read count is low)

3 Likes

trust thing is nonsense, they even gate the forums there is so little content in the game.

1 Like

It’s quite silly. The worst part is limiting our likes to make it so it’s harder to get likes or something. Haha

2 Likes

That is not even exactly their rules. That is a summary of the Discourse trust level guide + information they provided for Overwatch when they first started using this forum software.

Here is the guide they used to write it seeing as Blizz did not make one themselves.

It is 3 years old, written by an MVP (who is awesome) not Blizz, and has changed since then.

The Diablo 3 forums, Starcraft forums, and other slow forums have a lower read requirement and such.

Well, once you get to TL3, you should stay trusted until it is found that you cannot be trusted any more… but to keep the steep requirements over and over and over to infinity is just stupid.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Prior to my forum account getting the SL beta license access, each forum vacation dropped me back to TL1. My most recent suspensions were minor (24 or 72 hour silences) and I haven’t lost TL3 since

Precisely all of this. Obtaining the following isn’t the problem:

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.

Now, MAINTAINING all of that, without missing a beat, every single month? That’s really unfair.

I’d ask for a Blue’s insight and consideration on the matter, but they really only post notifications anymore. A few of them are busy with class Tree stuff too. And, I refuse to use Twitter. So, I guess we just suffer :man_shrugging:t6:

3 Likes

True. I literally come to the forums every day. I don’t always post, and I don’t read tons of other posts. I read what interests me and that’s the way it should be. It really is an unfair requirement.

2 Likes

It’s not that onerous.

• You just need to have shown up at least 50 days of the last 100.

• You need to have visited 500 unique topics in the last 100 days. That’s 5 threads a day, on average.

• And you need to have read* 20,000 unique posts in the last 100 days. That comes to 200 posts a day. Again, not hard to achieve.

The other 2 requirements don’t indicate whether they’re also on a rolling 100-day window, but even if they are, that’s one reply every week and a half, and about 2 likes a week. The only thing you don’t really have control over is the number of likes you receive.

​* The posts don’t really need to be read. They just need to be on your screen for a couple seconds.

Then TL3 isn’t something you need, really. How often do you find yourself wishing you could post an image?

quite often actually, and links.

3 Likes

Likewise.
I pride myself on being a moderate person and makes me wish the trust system was not so clunky.

1 Like

I don’t know how reliable the system is because I’m barely here yet I have TL3.

1 Like