Trust level 3.5

It requires a modicum of common sense to parse the Code of Conduct. If you could do that, you’d realize that “we can remove anything for any reason” simply means it is their decision, and their decision is final.

It is not meant to be taken to extreme literal foolishness, as you are doing.

Smarten up.

1 Like

I hope one day I can ascended to such levels of trusted trust. All I can do is post emojicons and gaze in awe and wonderment :taco:

1 Like

Again, blizzard chooses how it is taken. Not me, not you.

The old forums were slow and monotonous to navigate. These new ones are more streamlined and user friendly, I don’t see the issue. And how so? Because at the highest level we can do stuff that we couldn’t do on the old forums? Still don’t see the issue. The only way I’d see that having any basis is if it were a government implementing it in town hall meetings or something. It’s a game company implementing it on the forums that they own.

1 Like

Perhaps, but there’s a distinct difference between these two:

Since you didn’t read.
Since you can’t read.

One is an insult; the other is not.

1 Like

There’s a sticky post at the top of this forum that details what is needed to reach the various trust levels;

Perhaps look at his post before that one.

If that’s the case, I was already feeding a troll I shouldn’t have been feeding.

Edit:

Here is the post.

“[quote=“Tarc-fenris, post:31, topic:108767”]
This is a lie. If you want to be ridiculous enough to actually believe this is true, go right ahead, but don’t subject the rest of us to your headspace.

They have been focusing more and more on the Chinese market. Maybe they have adopted an oppressive communist mindset where innovation is nonexistent, all content is regurgitated and rehashed, and criticism is stifled to appeal to their core audience?

Not even remotely surprising that the only like received for this tribble was from Lightfang.
[/quote]

And the one after, really.

This is also an insult.

Throwing stones and ad hominem is bad no matter who does it.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll change my wording in my post, as you are correct.

Whether he will change his to be more formal to the thread is up to him.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I did get a bit heated.

1 Like

No, it really isn’t, you’re falling into the “be tolerant of my intolerance!” fallacy.

holy crap i have to be level 3?

that’s a lot of commitment i need to put into the forums just to post screenshots from the game, kinda over the top

It kind of is – the implication is that the person being addressed cannot parse the Code of Conduct and thus lacks common sense. It’s a veiled insult for sure, but still an insult.

That comment was doubleplusgood, Metro!

It is a bit of a high bar, yes, but allowing users to link to any site on the internet is a risk, as people could do so to some seriously questionable places. They figure that setting it that high ensures that the user has a vested interest in contributing to WoW, and isn’t going to be a vandal.

2 Likes

You are right Crepe,

I guess I’m just mad because I wish to see MvP’s take a step up in making threads to help point blizzard in the direction that the community wants.

I should not have pointed out you guys, as you have no control over blizzard.

Whenever I see anyone post about Trust Level here all I can think about is how one of the big pieces of fanart that used to be front and center on the official site’s fanart page (for quite a while) was some furry’s picture of a nude Tauren female hugging her pet cat.

The thing is, that’s not the point of MVPs – it’s not their function to parse what the community wants and follow that. Their opinions don’t have any more weight to them than the rest of ours (aside from their generally consistent cordial attitude), so when they do express their opinions, it’s just that – their own opinions.

They don’t speak for us as a collective, and that certainly isn’t what they’re here for.

2 Likes

Yea, I guess that is the job of the CM’s to point blizzard in our direction.

I believe that fanart was named “Loyalty Level Six”.

Honestly I didn’t even think about the fact she was nude till they took it down. But I watched a lot of Bugs Bunny (who’s only wearing gloves) & Tom & Jerry (nude except when they go swimming for some reason)

I like the new forums. For me, they allow for better visibility of replies and easier tracking overall.

1 Like