Troll RP Surveys!

Update: The results are in for January of 2020, these polls are now closed! I’ve updated the links below so they go to static charts rather than the polls themselves.

I’ve been posting these surveys in various Troll Discord servers, but I think here on the forums might be a good place for them too.
I understand that loads of us have a ton of alts, so you can answer with as many tribes and loa as you like as many times as you like, but it is a survey, not a popularity contest, so please be truthful!

(Remove the space between tinyurl. com)
Troll Tribe Results: tinyurl. com/ukutgtk
Loa Results: tinyurl. com/sb825ox

I just think it’s super fun to gather stats and numbers like these, I may see about posting this in other RP realm forums too~

2 Likes

Oh wow, I knew it would be a close run between Darkspear and Zandalari but I didn’t expect the Zandys to actually take the lead.

I guess people aren’t lying when they say they appreciate good posture.

3 Likes

I’ve gone ahead and added a second survey for which Loa your characters follow!
This one is on a site called poll.ly rather than strawpoll because strawpoll only allows for as many as 30 answers, and there are certainly more than 30 known Loa.
Please answer truthfully, I believe the way this one works is you can vote under multiple names, so I would prefer you only do that to account for any of your alts who might follow the same Loa!

Link: poll.ly/#/2pO9rMDj

To be honest, I mostly like the Zandalari racials - no fall damage and extra gold.
I have both, but have only actually RP’d the Zandalari.

The prominence of Zandalai doesn’t surprise me. People have had well over a decade and a half to RP the other trolls. Zandalari are the new hotness, so it’s not surprising that people are interested in exploring the newly opened options.

I expect the number of Sand Trolls, etc to explode with the release of the new skins too.

I RP’ed trolls pretty much exclusively from BC through Legion and they remain my favorite part of WoW. But then I decided to try something new RP-wise. It happens.

2 Likes

Di’kala de’chuka, Kalimaste!

1 Like

That is an awful lot of darkspears. Yikes!
Guess there’s no accounting for taste.

not a single follower of krag’wa

imagine not thinking POWER TOAD is cool

3 Likes

I did a survey like this once before for the Tribes, back in 2019 before Zandalari were even playable, when everyone was all hyped for Zandalari, and Darkspear were the most popular at that time.
Just over half of the tribes that people RPed were JUST Darkspear and Zandalari.

I am happy to say that more than half are not just Zandalari or Darkspear now, a bit of diversity is nice!

1 Like

My troll is Drakkari. Surprised to see we outnumber the Shatterspear and Revantusk.

Revantusk bruddas and sistas where we at?

Pfft. I’m surprised they didn’t outnumber the Darkspear. There was a time when half the troll RPers at any given moment in the Valley of Honor were Drakkari.

Drakkari are the most metal of trolls

categorically more swole than darkspear

live on frozen tundra, still don’t wear shirts

carved half a continent into terraces just to show how cool they are

have a giant snake, secure enough in themselves that they don’t even show it to anyone

Legit defeated the scourge by eating their gods

cancelled Wrath troll raid because the devs realized nobody could defeat them

And that moorabi achievement where you have to stop his transformation was pretty hard back in the day

3 Likes

Di’chuka Darkspear.

Looking over the Loa survey again I’m slightly surprised at the number of Bwonsamdi votes; though I also feel as though I shouldn’t be.

It’s possible introducing Zandalari Death Knights has played a role in how many people have rolled Bwonsamdi followers.

2 Likes

Bwonsamdi’s been the patron loa of the Darkspear since Mists of Pandaria. He also played a big part in the story in Drazar’alor, which came with a bit of a character revamp that saw him stealing the show to become one of the most well received new characters Blizzard’s introduced in a while. Then Rezan went and died and he struck a deal with the royal family, so now he’s effectively the Zandalari patron too.

Then there’s the fact that in pretty much any pantheon, death related deities tend to get a disproportionate amount of attention. Anubis, Hades, Nergal, Hel, the Raven Queen, the Many Faced God. Even if you don’t know the rest of the pantheon, you’ve probably at least heard of these guys. Death gods are popular.

Likewise, Bwonsamdi draws a lot the actual Baron Samedi, which is the one real world Loa everyone has some passing knowledge of.

So Bwonsamdi’s popularity makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes

Anyway, frost trolls are the master race

I suspect someone has abused the Hakkar votes, very unfortunate someone would do that… (Typical of Hakkar followers maybe?)
The poll is now closed, as January is now over. Until I am informed otherwise, I will count all 26 of those Hakkar votes as just one vote.

I am compiling the numbers for both surveys now, and will be creating charts with details from both!