Troll Heritage Armor

Not entirely sure what has taken so long for trolls to get heritage armor let alone why they have been so left in the dark. I feel like the Darkspear hasn’t had any serious highlights as a tribe or let alone any recognition at all in the last few expansions. Furthermore, I would love go see the Amani unite under the new horde since tensions between factions have calmed down. Maybe this could be a perfect inlet for them to negotiate some of their land back? Maybe the Darkspear can pick up some more land too or reclaim Stranglethorn? Would be awesome to revisit that area and do a heritage armor questline there for their heritage set.

Food for thought Blizzard! Anyone else agree?

1 Like

Rokhan did fight in Arathi against Trollbane, and he recognised that these lands belonged to the forest trolls. So I took it that unlike Vol’Jin Rokhan would be far more flexible when it comes to cooperation with other tribes.

As for significance. Indeed they were always treated as Afterthought. Even their Patron Bwonsamdi is now shared with Zandalari. Instead of having Bwon be the main patron for Darkspears and Rezan for Zandalari.

So there has to be emphasise on Shadow hunters, we need to learn their importance and how exactly do they work. It would be also good for narrative if Darkspears were recognised as the most accomplished of all the troll tribes - in meaning - that they’re the biggest veterans among all troll tribes. And they achieved it all while not being impressive in numbers.

They were all around the world, fighting different foes, in elemental planes, alternative dimentions, fought against Scourge and Burning Legion. THAT is somethinng that makes Darkspear proud.

And I’d like that it would be also acknowledged. That despite all the Hardships they keep on fighting. They don’t give up, and they aspire for grateness. This is what they have in common with other troll tribes, but what sets them apart is that Darkspears are very flexible and adaptive.

But I’m not holding my breath. They were dropped and forgotten mid BfA. You had a brief cameo with Vol’Jin and Bwonsamdi but only if you picked Night Fae covenant.
And in DF where homogenisation is on the loose I have even less faith that they’d do them right.
Afterthought, neglected race will get afterthought neglect treatment.

Besides, respectfully, if Rokhan would win against Trollbane, and even killed him, THAT would’ve been amazing negotiation card to get on board most of Forest Trolls. That would’ve been amazing feat and would gain respect in the eyes of Forest trolls.

But now? Especially after quests where Nathanos orders you to kill them? The only chance is to integrate Revantusk Trolls, but they’re even more neglected than Darkspears.

1 Like

Maybe the quest line is setting up to be tied with Vol’jin and supposed loa powers so they are making sure to write it adequately for players to feel satisfied, maybe that’s why it’s taking a bit; hopefully saving the best for last.

1 Like