Troll feet? (not weird i promise)

im not trying to be weird about it but i’m curious about something.

how durable are the undersides of a troll’s foot? in the various dungeons, zones, raids, etc we’re walking over all matters of materials and substances. blood, metal, sharp and pointy looking stones, lava, ice, etc. i could understand a tauren or draenei not being as concerned (except maybe if they chip or otherwise damage their hooves). while it would be a nice detail, trolls/troll characters make no complaints when traversing over hazardous and dangerous materials.

They have fur so they are protected from wounds like a normal shoe.

trolls… have fur

I assume it made sense in concept to the troll zones but should be hazardous to other dangers. Fortunately, we’re seeing more shoes in the future. :crystal_ball::robot:

1 Like

Cursed image! :sob: I’ll keep my Trolls pure and shoe-less thank you very much!

That being said, I picture troll feet similar to something like an elepant or rhinocerous foot, in that they have extremely cushy/fatty footpads covered in very tough skin with hard, thick nails. This would make them much more agile for their native environments over some shmuck with shoes!

(Not really sure if it’s ever been explored canonically though!)

5 Likes

I should’ve used a sharp dressed troll. :robot::sweat_drops:

1 Like

There is a good reason troll can’T use it.

To hazard a real reply, I’d imagine they’re so calloused over it hardly registers. Its just a natural progression of use. Imagine a laborers hands for years of work. They’re hard, cracked, thick as leather, and so calloused over even getting a nail through it can be difficult. Even if something does get impaled, they may not even feel it depending on how deep it goes. That said, they’re obviously not impenetrable, lava resistant, or immune to frostbite (except maybe frost trolls).

If you’d want maybe a real human example, check out some of those marathon and long distance runners who do it barefoot.

3 Likes

I want two toe troll sandals.

Very durable. Shoes made out of Troll leather are in high demand.

I was going to post something similar to this, but you did a much better job. Though I do wish they had the option to wear shoes at least the armored parts…

1 Like

Off topic but the title of this thread is so funny I swear to god.