Troll Demon Hunters?

Man, can you imagine the salt if Blizzard had actually turned off the ability to create new DHs in 8.0? Oh, that would have been glorious…

2 Likes

Unlikely.

Especially looking at the DK intro questline.

They added new races for DK, which made sense, because those races existed at the time on Azeroth and could very well have been killed by the scourge, but it would be extremely difficult to explain Illidan’s gnome disciples.

1 Like

I identify as a troll, Im transracial.

2 Likes

wish we had anything but belf

2 Likes

Would make us a special breed man.

Oh I am afraid I can’t let this one slide. You may want to check my profile. Have a look at the backstory for Gnomish Illidari Forces. This whole thing explains how could be possible for goblin and gnome demon hunters to exist.<Gnomish Illidari Forces> - #3 by Gnomest-sargeras

The Zandalari do have demonologists who can transform into demons, not entirely in the same way as Illidans DHs though. Technically the only thing you “need” for a person to become a DH is for someone to be willing to teach them, it’s just that the amount of magical energies required to withstand the demonic transformation kind of favors Elves.

I personally think we could easily see a few more races be added as DHs in the future, like Zandalari, Void Elves, Darkspear Trolls, Orcs and Draenei.

3 Likes

Hah - or DKs after the defeat of the LK. :smiley:

Of course, now that Bolvar is more active and has sort of commandeered the Ebon Blade, I could see more getting created… you know, for the right reasons this time. >.>

We’re never going to see new races eligible for DH. I would put $500 on that.

Especially considering the fact Blizz would have to completely rework Legion content surrounding DH, which is too big a chunk for them to want to touch when they’re already working on a new expansion.

…and I knew the very first reply would be like this. Nobody should care about seeing other people playing race/class combos that they don’t like. It’s nunya actually. This attitude is why we can’t have fun in WoW; we have to stick to some canon or lore.

Here’s a little secret about Warcraft lore: Blizzard only adheres to lore if it is feasible and makes money. You can bet if making DH models and animations for Gnomes would make sufficient money via race changes or the like, Blizzard would embrace it.

1 Like

WTB Orc DH

I’m usually pretty alliance leaning, but if they ever made fel orcs playable I would make one in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Not true at all. There are Human Demon Hunters, and even a Tauren Demon Hunter in WC3 lore. It was not restricted to elves at all. They would take literally anyone that could resist the power trying to destroy them.

3 Likes

Did we really need to necro this thread over a year later?

Jesus, Blizzard really should just auto-lock threads after they stop being posted on for a bit. Or have a big pop-up warning when you post to a thread that hasn’t had a reply in >30 days or something.

That can easily be changed. Even if it wasn’t all elves came from trolls so they could work with that.

Exactly.

Agreed :+1:
Saying that, while there are current lore implications, this could be easily changed at any time by introducing a scenario that would explain how such a change would occur.

We’ve had as such in Allied Race DK.

1 Like

not necessarily. they could do what they did with the dks and allied races. originally dks could only be the core races thanks to arthas making them, but now bolvar is making more out of the allied races. they could do the same with the DHs, illidan created the original group, consisting of night and blood elves, then now later, the group decides to train more consisting of other races

1 Like

Not even nightbornes elf and voidemos are mentioned for being the closest thing to an elf in the illidan legacy, and they are already asking that the Goblins, Vulveras and Gnomes (both) be the pleasure of being Demon Hunters and there is still no Shadow hunter class for trolls.

Imagine spam.

Wow Im really let down with all of you who say its not lore friendly, you didnt even look it up well here is a snip from the wiki.

In lore, any race can become a demon hunter, though almost all demon hunters today are night elves, with a minority of blood elves. The tradition of demon hunters arises from night elf history; a few blood elves have made the pledge as well, seeking revenge for the destruction of their home.

Humans can also be demon hunters. Some of these demon hunters can be found guarding Mount Hyjal with the help of fellow night elf demon hunters.

Demon hunters in other races are rare, but some exist.

So as you can see we already have non elf DH’s in game so its not a stretch at all.