TrinketMenu replacement?

it appears that in 9.0.2, TrinketMenu finally gave up the goose and it’s unusable now. it’s unfortunately, but, it is what it is.

i was wondering if anyone had a replacement for this add-on. i loved it for being absurdly lightweight and simple. it didn’t have all these unnecessary bells and whistles. it did it’s job and did it well.

i don’t need a lot of extra features. i just want the ability to swap trinkets with a click and use them.

A macro can do that for you.

You can make it using the /equip, /equipset: or the /equipslot command depending on which you prefer. Basically, do you want to keep your Equipment Manager updated, or the names of the specific trinkets in your macro, or only use specific bagslots to keep your trinkets?

I’d add a [combat] conditional to the /use 13 and /use 14 commands so it doesn’t proc when switching. If only one of your trinkets has a use ability then you’d need to equip that trinket first in the use order of the macro /use command to ensure that it always works.

With some more details i can make a macro for you.

i actually don’t have anything to use with it… yet. i just wanted to find a mod (or i guess a macro in this case) that let me swap trinkets around in preparation for when i did get different ones.

Here is one way to do it.

#showtooltip
/equipslot [mod]13 0 1
/equipslot [mod]14 0 2
/stopmacro [nocombat]
/use 13
/use 14

When you do use it just keep the trinkets you want to switch in the first and second spots in your backpack. Any modifier such as Control or Shift will switch out your trinkets.

You could just use the “Opie” addon to swap anything .