Trickster Rogue is a design problem

1. Being forced into killing spree. I never played with this, don’t like it, it’s never tuned properly. Not to mention a 3% mastery buff for outlaw? Unless there’s another rework incoming you might as well give us 1 less talent point to use.
  2. Fazed… Even more short windows to deal damage with RNG procs that you need to trick in an extremely short amount of time. We need less things to track, not more…
  3. Using feint offensively… Can we get less defensives being used offensively please? 2 CP is pointless as a generator, so you’re effectively using it to initiate a burst window while wasting a GCD. Can you stop cramming this many things in such short windows?

I’m very disappointed by this design.

9 Likes

Hero talents are so strange.

Like less annoying covenants but still annoying.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

They just fixed Between the Eyes to be a buff instead of a debuff, now they want to saddle us with another localized debuff. Trash design, along with forcing us into Killing Spree.

4 Likes

I was very excited for the class fantasy of a trickster, but the design is abhorrent. Class fantasy and power don’t mix and should be independent choices.

3 Likes

Seconded. I’m not a super rogue main by any means but even dabbling in it routinely and I don’t like the look of trickster. I’m very much hoping Blizzard doesn’t turn these hero trees into another selection of ‘here’s a whole bunch of RNG procs to pick from’ without any actively engaging stuff, otherwise it might as well not exist. Please stop making us ‘progress’ into things like ‘increases the duration of XYZ by two seconds’. It could just be baseline and nobody would notice a difference. Having a whole bunch more of effectively passive buffs, minuscule increases to things I don’t notice anyway, and ultimately no real change to how I press my buttons would be immensely boring and disappointing.

That said, props to them for trying to go for Something™ with the way of Feint. My main beef is the forcing into killing spree, which I don’t like. Making Feint into a hybrid defensive cooldown/but part of the offensive rotation is…difficult to do well. This is a thing that makes the pressing of the buttons differently but it looks lackluster, and attaching required offense to defense skills may funk stuff up at higher levels of play. Idk, I don’t plan on stepping into mythic raiding or super high M+ but I imagine this might make life difficult for them if they need to use important defensive in their DPS rotation, especially if it’s required just to keep up with other classes’ DPS.

That all said, I will forgive Blizz any and all sins if one of the these trees turns rogue into a viable tank. Pls.

Edit: And people who love killing spree might love this, maybe? Idk. There’s two other options, so…

2 Likes

Playing with Feint as a defensive in higher keys is cool, but the energy cost and it being on the GCD is already painful as it is for a defensive. 2 CP don’t justify pressing it, and the unseen blades is just another initiation to go into a 5s “burst” mode. This whole Faze design is just horrible unless it’s 1 stack that is refreshed often enough to not have to press feint or killing spree, but I highly doubt that with how much they doubled down on killing spree…

1 Like

With how the class has been handled this expansion gameplay wise it was clear the devs had no idea what they’re doing and this just further cements it. Now we’re just stuck praying Fatebound isn’t awful because as long as that stays a mastery buff and killing spree it’s DOA.

6 Likes

Whats trickster where can i read about it

1 Like
1 Like

Currently what would appeal to those that play Sub and Outlaw to gravitate toward the Trickster???

I mean more damage but what if the other hero trees for Rogues offer more damage but less drawbacks?

It seems that Trickster has some interesting wrinkles. But making a defensive cool down into an offensive one probably is too hard to balance.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

Seems very bland. New debuff. New kinda combat madtery thing with unseen blade. Meh.

1 Like

Fient and distract rotational abilities lmao guess Realz didn’t learn from spectral sight with DH. Hero talents shoulda been cosmetic and nothing more. They already can’t balance the game as is. And other classes still need serious love with the current talent trees but HeRo TaLeNtS! :melting_face: :expressionless:

7 Likes

I’m not liking the sound of trickster.

non-rogues complaining about rogues hmm anyway i will have to try it out (rogue main many many years) lol

Don’t assume that just because they don’t post on their rogue, they aren’t one

This reminds me at the start of legion being forced into Roll the Bones.

And soon there will be a group of the of people who are pro-trickster and a group of people who liked outlaw before.

Blizzard devs are really just gonna do what they wanna do with classes no matter what.

(Looks into her crystal ball of the obvious) The more we say we hate it the greater the urge they will have to push it through. And if they do not get their way through they will spitefully monkey paw its replacement.

This is the way.

2 Likes