Trial of Style - add some more themes!

Hey friends! So Trial of Style is one of my favourite parts of the game (and it is basically the whole reason my sister plays). A lot of people call for it to happen more often, which I get (though I don’t think I would want it too frequent -might get oversaturated!), but what I think we can all agree on is that we need more themes. My sister and I play ToS like fiends, and we get so disappointed when the same theme comes up over and over and over again (lookin’ at you, Profession Expression!). While it can be a fun challenge to try to find yet another profession to make an outfit for (we hate using the same thing twice), it would be so cool to have new ideas!

This is basically the absolute easiest thing you can add to WoW as a whole to make a huge difference. No coding required, no storymapping or designing of any kind - just spend an hour or so brainstorming new themes, pick the best 20 or 30, and stick them in there! There are infinite possibilities, and we’re dying for new outfit inspirations!

You can make them broad, so people can interpret them in multiple ways (I love that about things like “Black Magic,” “Blue Skies,” etc… there are different ideas you can glom onto in those phrases)!

Back to Nature
Elemental
Animal Kingdom
Spring Fling
Horror
Fairy Tale
etc!

2 Likes

I like your suggestions! While participating in the event, I was thinking that I should challenge myself to come up with some more themed looks outside of the trial of style since the event itself is so fast paced. I will use some of these as inspiration!

I’m going to have to start using an add-on, though, because my standard saved sets are filling up. Do you use the better transmog addon for yours?

I’ve definitely been thinking about using an addon! I only have TRP3 and Narcissus right now.

1 Like

I wish the base game would add more save slots in multiple areas: Macros, talent loadouts, and transmog. I’m always running out. I used to use the better wardrobe and transmog addon for sets not in the set tab, but it seemed to really bog the game down. I’m not sure if it adds more saved options now that I think of it, though. I will have to try it and see.

If anyone else reading the thread has any other addons they use for saving more sets, please do share!