Trash portal room

The only thing I can think of is maybe adding more rooms? Sounds like that could get messy again too tho.

Plus, if you get exalted with a specific BC faction, you can get a free portal to CoT from a female NPC in the World’s End tavern.

1 Like

Oh joy, something I had free access to on all my alts I can now get in an obscure corner of the world they already gutted previously and do a rep grind on each of them to get that basic functionality back.

7 Likes

I think it’s also worth mentioning that you can still get a Kara port w/

Actually, my stance is the objective one because I am not going to make claims that don’t have support outside of how the players feel about it. Where is this published business model that you are basing your theory off of, or once again is it just speculation? Where is the interview with anyone who has even been in a call or at blizz HQ that says “yup, they built this new model where they maximize every minute that a player spends in game”? I have yet to see ANYTHING that supports this besides players parroting eachother.

It doesn’t even make sense when it comes to the portal issue. Its a monthly sub so if anything they would want to keep players coming back month to month, not increasing play time per day from 1 hour to 2, if it even was something they were trying to manipulate.

How does that 5 minutes on a FP increase their profits?

3 Likes
1 Like

Funny thing is, it doesn’t feel strange at all. It feels empowering.

It doesn’t increase profits either…you are really stretching

1 Like

Your stance is pure denial then.

3 Likes

into the twisting nether where it will magically gets mailed to your mailbox apologising profusely for losing it

My favorite part about the new portal room is, it was clearly developed and done by the time the feedback threads started. How many thousands of posts? For what?

1 Like

Actually, no it doesn’t feel any smaller.

I have friends in Jerusalem, Florida, Canada, California, Arizona, just to name a few. I have relatives all over the United States. My sister lives in Kansas, which is an 8 hour plane flight from where I live.

The world is not smaller. I can’t even fathom the distance from where I live to Jerusalem.

There are events that happen in Arizona that I’m caught off guard by. And I live in Washington State. The world is Not smaller because we can travel faster.

2 Likes

Let’s break this down and see if you can come up with an explanation then so I can avoid being in denial.

What does a 5 minute flight from one zone to another do for blizz and their business plan? How is that supposed to make shareholders happy?

6 Likes

I disagree, having to carry around items from multiple expansions ago to make up for a single spot that provided all the same functionality is a personal lose, now not just for access but bag and bank space.

3 Likes

Exactly. They never intended to listen to our feedback. The work was already done. The “feedback” thread was nothing more than damage control.

4 Likes

Not what I meant. I’m an engineer on my main, and have been for a long time. Before they were toys, most of my travel items were carried with me. Even now, I still carry a few.

Every so often, I like to use the Last Relic of Argus just to see where I’ll end up.

I should imagine if we’re all playing slightly longer on the days we spend time in game it all adds up, even if only to achieve increased shareholder confidence, when presented to the shareholders. I don’t know about others, but if I were a shareholder I would want to feel confidence about what I’m investing in.

Fun items, ill give you. Clearly intended for the giggles.

But my non engineers cant use the teleport toys made by engineering. Now if they changed that? Expanded on the profession to cover more areas? Then thats a discussion id like to have.

But since they dont report the time played numbers how will the shareholders know?

2 Likes

Oh well, then. There you go I guess. I know they used to report the number of active subs. I had no idea they’d ceased to do so.