Transmog should be there in TBC no matter what

I hope they put transmog in TBC, it’d honestly be good for the game.
Right now, everybody is basically just wearing the same Tier set, or the same random-piece ‘BiS Set’ as they get it.

There’s lots of Green/Blue items you can use to put together to make a cool looking transmog. Obviously, you’ve got to farm the items to be able to transmog them, but who cares?

If people want to hit 70, then go back and farm Classic/level 60 content for items…let them.

Trasmog doesn’t detract from the ‘prestige’ of having an armor set during the period when the content is relevant. If your a guild clearing Illidan in Black Temple, you’ll have access to all that equipment to wear or transmog when it’s current content.

Transmog basically gives people more game content. We have tons of people complaining that Classic doesn’t have ‘enough content’ - and features like transmog create content for a lot of people by giving them a reason to farm Green/Blue sets, or rare drops to make sets.

Bloodvine is currently BiS caster gear in Classic. It looks like absolute trash though. I’m sure it’d be nice for people wearing bloodvine to be able to transmog it so they don’t look like some loser ‘hobo-pirate’.

I can tell you right now that if they put transmog in classic, there’s an armor set appearance I’d put together that requires almost no epics that I think looks really cool/great.

9 Likes

No thanks.

2 Likes

Haha. Many of us do. Its not as much an insult as you might intend.

OP also knows it wasnt in TBC, and is asking for it.

I doubt it will be added, but support OPs idea: it hurts nobody and could retain subs in the long haul. Blizzard Im sure would do the math$ if the devpower is on hand.

Edit: I fell into a Necro trap!

3 Likes

I do recall in the original TBC days that you spent most of the expansion looking like a complete mismatched clown (even worse than in Vanilla). Some people lose interest in the game when the character they like & play so much looks like a total hobo/clown 95% of their game life.

4 Likes

If outfits are more important than gameplay, then they probably need to go play ‘Hello Kitty: Fashion Island Adventure.’

10 Likes

yeah but many don’t care also, stick with your guildies you will know what they wear and make rule that nobody can Tmog in guild. Gl with that.

2 Likes

The world isn’t simply black or white. A lot of people care about both gameplay and aesthetics, & not just one or the other. Common sense FTW.

6 Likes

Yes. And for those who enjoy that,

Retail :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

12 Likes

The end -game models for gear and weapons in TBC look really cool already though…

Why would you need a transmog?

4 Likes

While transmog isn’t needed in TBC, I do think the vanilla horde pvp sets look better than most BC pvp sets, personal opinion though.

2 Likes

What do you think about the TBC tier sets appearance then?

I liked the raid sets better than their vanilla counterparts personally, except rogue, I think rogue in general got better sets in vanilla and t1 for Hunter is still my favorite Hunter set of all time for some reason.

Could be the only reason outside of M+ and Raid that keep retail floating.

See what I did there?

It was a trick question…

The PvP sets and tier sets look the exact same in TBC…

So if you like the tier sets appearance—you will love the PvP sets!

3 Likes

Well, you can’t have this because in PvP it’s important to know what gear your opponent is wearing and blah blah blah blah blah.

This is a great idea.

Theyre recolors…and I compared the pvp sets first, keeping pve out of the original statement. Especially as vanilla had such a varied assortment.

That’s my point…you can’t keep them out of the statement lmao—they are re-skins that are just re-colored. Saying you like the tier sets but dislike the PvP sets doesn’t make sense.

Doesn’t it though? If I’m wearing a rank 10 pvp set in classic, and campare my gear to the pvp equivalents in BC, i’ll be disappointed as I prefer the vanilla pvp armor, but in general, the vanilla raid sets are inferior in my eyes by comparison, see what I’m saying?

Go to retail

4 Likes

I got you.

Vanilla PvP sets>TBC tier/PvP sets>Vanilla Raid sets.

2 Likes