Transmog rule relaxation request: Staffs using Polearm appearances

With the relaxing of the transmog rules, I’m hoping the devs may consider one more rule relaxation - allowing us to transmog our staffs using polearm appearances.

There’s a style I’ve wanted for my Warlock for the longest time - the Tidebreaker Trident style. I’ve got the style unlocked but it’s a polearm, not a staff, so I can’t currently transmog it.

There’s no equivalent staff styles that look like tridents, and my character just feels incomplete without that style!

So please, devs, if any of you read this, please allow for staffs to use polearm transmogs, thanks!

4 Likes

I realise I should’ve posted this on my Warlock so here he is, fashionably late to the party! LOL :wink:

2 Likes

If you can wear Polearms, you can transmog your staff to look like a Polearm.

You’re a warlock. Why would you be wearing a polearm?

I agree with the sentiment in general though, they need to relax the restrictions in general. We have plate armor that looks like cloth armor, and cloth armor that looks like plate. (And heritage armor that looks like all 4 types), yet priests can’t transmog plate, warriors can’t transmog cloth, etc.

It’s time for change on that front. This whole “You should be able to tell a class at a glance.” thing is way outdated and no longer valid with some of the transmog options. If you see a Lightforged Draenei Mage in Heritage Armor, you’ll think it’s a Paladin.

5 Likes

Because trident!

Scythe of the Unmaker.

2 Likes

There’s 2 Trident-Esque weapons that are staves:

They’re both Orange/Red, so I doubt they match your transmog though. (I think they have LFR/Normal/heroic recolors, but not sure?)

That’s a scythe. :wink: Warlocks have had a scythe since Vanilla. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the vanilla scythes look like they haven’t finished rendering. Glad that I got the 3 mage tower appearance for locks, maybe they’ll loosen up the spec restrictions so that I can use the afflock scythe for other specs, and vice versa.

Neither are tridents, though :frowning:

As for the mog, I tend to model my WoW toons after Marvel heroes, so Hellstrom being this guy:

marvel . fandom . com/wiki/Daimon_Hellstrom_(Earth-616)

Needs a trident for a weapon!

That’s why I said Trident-Esque. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but it needs to be an actual trident style, not trident-like, otherwise it doesn’t fit the mog theme I’m going for.

Good luck to you OP! Hope they let casters hide their weapons entirely as well :hugs:

1 Like

Well, as a Warrior, i can mog my 2H weapon to any Axe, Sword, Mace, Polearm or Staff. It’s doable. There must be a reason why hunter cant.

In the meanwhile, check these out :

• Pillar of the drowned cabal
  • Staff of the Forest Lord
  • Staff of the Mist Navigator
  • Plundered Flamecaster Stave
  • Garden pitchfork

It’s not for my Hunter. It’s for my Warlock.

It’s especially silly considering the lack of pvp content updates in general. They really don’t seem to care anymore about pvp, so this “at a glance” thing seems like an excuse for laziness.

Necro because this actually needs to be a thing.

1 Like