Transmog grey and white equpiment

So it seems that in the next patch, they’re updating the appearance of starter gear, and removing the old stuff:

Can you PLEASE implement some way to transmog items like this (as well as the older gear that people may hold on to)? Let tailors, leatherworkers, and blacksmiths craft something that will soulbind these items to a character so they can be added to our collections. Or maybe add it as a purchasable/consumable item from the Trial of Style. Or both…

20 Likes

This has my vote! There is some plain stuff at that level that would love to be able to mog for my warrior.

Why would they do this? What is their obsession with removing things?

If they really has so much time on their hands, why couldn’t they just update the existing starting gear instead of changing it all together and, adding insult to injury, just recolouring the same outfit in each armour class. I can’t remember the rest of the gear but the three stater robes for the three cloth-wearers are unique and already great, much more visually interesting that the new stuff.

They need to do this before the change.

3 Likes

Supported. Just have the items drop as normal and be BoE to attach to transmog storage upon wearing.

It’d be interesting to go back and farm random mobs for it or collect it on a character you are leveling along the way.

1 Like

Supported, i’d love to see some of the white and grey items useable as mogs.
I mean you let people in this game already run around with nothing but pants on… Why not more options?.. You know for those weirdos who like wearing clothes I mean…

3 Likes

This needs a lot of support. IIRC the reason why they didn’t let us mog white items was because they didn’t want people running around using silly items. That went out the window when we got a legit floppy fish with flies on it as a weapon.

Some of the best items (IMO) are from the Pandaren starting zone. Also, with these new items coming out I’m sure the current starting gear will be obsolete and it would be very nice to be able to mog into those before they are gone. I will be saving some, just in case.

2 Likes

I seem to recall them saying at some point it had to do with silhouettes and class fantasy, or something. Either way, that ship has long since sailed. I would be curious to hear what the reasoning behind the remaining transmog restrictions is.

1 Like

I need more basic appearances in my life. My humble monk xmog list is very short.

3 Likes

Yes!!! Let me mog this please…

2 Likes

Really? I thought it was because they wanted an item to be effectively consumed (i.e. no longer tradeable) to be granted its appearance.

I think that was just the mechanism they used to do it. Because it both ensured that people weren’t just passing xmogs around, and it was a mechanic (soulbinding) that was already in the game that could be repurposed. But being soulbound wasn’t the justification itself, or else you could have plate wearers transmogging everything.

There’s a gray chest that’s like a drab sweater, I’ve always loved it, and I never found anything like it that could be mogged. So I’d be all for this.

2 Likes

i support this suggestion there are lots of lovely starting area gear that looks nice

2 Likes

How many Ice-Pitted Blades have I looted over the years, only to never be able to transmog them?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty silly. At the very least they could stick the old starter armor appearances on vendors in the starting zones.

1 Like

I’m surprised that you can’t already do this

2 Likes

Just do it, Blizz! You’re pulling ripcords right and left right now, might as well pull this one, too!

Oh, and while you’re at it, maybe dust off that old intern’s project for the Dance Studio, too? Pretty please?

/moo :cow:

2 Likes

Fun detected.

2 Likes