Transmog for new players

Hello.

I have friends that play the game and I just started again after being absent since Vanilla. It’s good to have time to play again. I’m exicted.

I really enjoy transmog and I love that they have the Trial of Style outfits. Sadly, this event is rare. I am happy to wait for the next one. I like the outfits. It will be fun to participate and earn them.

But I am looking through all of these other amazing outfits, looking at so many others my level and higher, sad that I cannot be part of the transmog generation. There is much I must acquire. And I am very happy to do so. I will spend much time finding them and collecting. I’m happy to look forward to that. It will be a lot of fun.

In the meantime, I have nothing to transmog but what you see me in now. How would others feel about a clothing shop, where you can run daily quests as a low level and in a week earn a currency to buy a basic type of set something like the Trial of Style ones? Just recolors of questing sets or even the same questing sets or both. Just something to have that we can continue to earn as a low levels and be able to transmog as new players. I would not want to see anything fancier than that, as those sets are something to be farmed from higher dungeons and raids. But some basic sets would be lovely.

The clothing shop could have five sets for each armor type, perhaps costing 100 platinum dubloons (something I just made up), where each daily quest has you help with a shipment delivery within the city to the shop and earns you 10 dubloons a day.

I think it would be fun and would help new players to earn low level transmog sets. It might make them more familiar with the layout of the cities— maybe even have the events rotate throughout all of the different lower level cities that still exist. And I think it is a great way to get new players into transmog and not feel left out of the fun trend.

Thank you for reading. I hope everyone enjoys the idea.

26 Likes

It won’t take you long to level to the point where you can then go farm 90% of the items in the game.

5 Likes

I would just focus on leveling up to 45-50 first. Then, at that level, you can run basically any raid from Vanilla to Warlords by yourself.

You can use the Sets tab under Appearances to see each armor set available for your class, so you know what to aim for. Any raid (or series of dungeons) that doesn’t have a dedicated Tier set will often have a pseudo-set that forms a complete look, as well.

When I make a new character, I just blitz them to 50 as quickly as possible so that I can begin their epic Transmogging quest. Heck, I’m even working on getting a few to 60 just so I can get a big slice of that gorgeous Legion pie.

4 Likes

It’s an interesting idea. Or maybe just have some armor vendors in starting areas sell simple transmog sets.

I honestly wish they would change the system so we mog the slot and not the item, so when leveling you don’t need to pay to change your mog every time you get an upgrade.

But honestly, you level so fast it’s easier and cheaper to just hold off on transmog until you get max level, then you can easily farm whatever you want. If you look in your appearances tab you can see all the items you can get and hovering over them tells there name and where they come from I think. And you can check wowhead for more info on the item and how to get it.

1 Like

I like the idea as a concept though I think you’ll find yourself with tons of transmog options especially as you’re able to breeze through earlier content at endgame.

So even if you just hit 60 and are kinda getting used to your class, you would have a lot of power to be able to destroy say trial of Valor and score a full transmog drop.

I’m open to them making your suggestion for harder to obtain items like some that are rares behind archeology, etc.

1 Like

If you are not against addons, I would also recommend [All The Things]. It could help in the meantime. It tells you what items are available in the zone you are in, and whether it comes from questing, rares, or vendors.

3 Likes

I enjoy leveling and will spend much time doing this. I do not understand what this has to do with new players getting transmog outfits at low level. I know I would enjoy not having to wait to max level to look pretty and have fun with transmog.

I understand there is a lot for me to get and I am happy to run for that when I hit max level. But right now, I am stuck with one outfit while I enjoy the low levels and plan to take my time.

I am in no hurry to level, thank you. I plan to see as much of the content as I can.

Yes, and you already have transmog in your collections. I do not. That is my point.

But I don’t want to. I thought an idea for new low level players would be a good addition.

Not everyone wishes to hurry through leveling.

Why are you all so quick to dismiss this and tell people to rush through leveling? Why can new people not enjoy transmog at a low level like you all can?

3 Likes

That seems like a very large amount of resources to go into a weeklong expenditure. It’ll take you less than a week to reach level cap by which point you’ve already collected even more mogs, and have access to others.

WoW rewards you for putting in time and energy. If you haven’t even hit level cap for the first time, then it is my personal opinion that those greens you’re wearing are what represent your state in the game best.

Wait if you want questing sets while you’re questing, then just… keep questing.

You seem to have missed the point of my thread.

Clearly posting here is a waste of my time, since no one cares about new players.

2 Likes

It’s a great idea and it sounds like a lot of fun which is why I’m sure Blizzard won’t implement such a feature.

2 Likes

Did you not make a post about giving full sets of mogs to fresh toons?

Kinda seems like it.

qq

2 Likes

It’s not that I’m encouraging you to rush through leveling its just that even at a leisurely pace it wont take you long to get to 60, unless you turn XP off.

And, as you quest you’ll get upgrades and you’ll need to go back to the transmog person in the town and pay gold to change your mog back to what it was.

All I’m saying is currently its not really logical to work on mogs at low level. Not that you can’t or shouldn’t, if you want to, you do you. I was just pointing out those issues because I thought you were a new player that just might not have been aware of them.

The first thing in my post was agreeing it was an interesting idea, and offering a similar/slightly different take. So I dunno why you’re accusing me. Seems like you kinda just wanted to pick a fight with anyone who didn’t agree.

3 Likes

the game revolves around max level nowadays. the leveling process is so fast and irrelevant now that’s its more or less a tutorial mode, ur not meant to stay level 12 for a long time. once u get max level, u can solo most old content easily

1 Like

Get to level 48 and start doing legion raid. If you are above 50 doing legion raid is hard due to how scaling work. Once you hit max level you can easily solo any raids up to legion. Some raids boss you might be able to do coz of mechanics but I say 95% is doable.

1 Like

I plan to halt xp. I want to experience everything I can. I am not interested in endgame yet. The zones and stories are more what I’m after.

There is an item I can use to transmog in the field.

I am being general, as all of the comments have been to just level and not care about transmog. I’m not picking a fight. Just frustrated to see such dismissal from some people.

This doesn’t negate the idea to have a fun transmog option in the game.

This has nothing to do with what I posted.

1 Like

Most players now are so focused on end game that they simply can’t imagine anyone of a different mindset. Keep in mind that after you reach level 15, most of the quest gear you get will be worthy of future use as transmog, as is dungeon gear. Raids are definitely not the only source of transmog gear.

I agree with your idea that cosmetic transmog should be available to lower level players.

5 Likes

Thank you for understanding. I also hope that the idea will benefit older players, as well. They may have items from some of those questing sets that they have yet to earn, so they can complete sets this way.

I am an advocate of everyone at every level having transmog.

1 Like

Most quest gear is not “sets”. It’s just random pieces that later it may turn out will fit in an outfit you are putting together.

Everyone starts out in an MMO looking like a clown.

Unlocking tmog or sets or dyes or whatever depending on the game is part of your progression.

Having cool stuff right off the bat doesn’t seem to work with that.

2 Likes

This thread sparks of joy and wholesomeness. Good luck OP, may your transmog be timelessly refreshing.

1 Like