Transmog Armor Restriction

I know this has been asked before, I see it right at this very moment as I type this in the “Your topic is similar to…” window, but I want to raise it again.

Why is the armor type restriction for transmogrification still in place? I ask this because we have seen NPCs like Prince Farondis, a mage, wearing plate armor (among others) and now we even get what would seem to be cosmetic cloth sets from the covenants. So why not finally get rid of the restriction? You can’t argue class fantasy as I see gigantic tauren warriors walking around with the Necromantle vestments. I know most of the community would welcome this change and it would allow for more creative xmog ideas. What do you think? Perhaps we are one acti-blizz scandal away from the restrictions being lifted?

7 Likes

I think there should be some restrictions, but agree with your point insomuch that players should be able to transmog whatever armor their class could normally wear (basically, the “class type” + all types “under” it).

Class restrictions such as tier sets can remain as-is, although I would like more non-restricted options, such as the Hydraxian island set set (priest t12 recolor), and/or more lookalike/copycat loot from raid bosses (basically, nearly every boss’s loot table from at least Wrath-MoP).

True some restrictions are fine, like not being able to use class tier sets, but overall not being able to use anything you like for a mog is strange when there are even lore characters that just wear whatever they like.

1 Like

My feelings about this are a little mixed pn this. On one hand I kinda think restrictions are necessary, as it draws set distinctions between armor types and classes. On the other hand as someone who likes making transmogs, having less restrictions would open up a lot of creative freedom.
(Though on a personal note is would probably overwhelm me. I’m ready currently working on about 100 more transmogs as it is. The problem being, I suck at naming them so haven’t uploaded them to Wowhead yet. And so having more creative freedom would probably lead to me making hundreds more and getting frustrated trying to give them appropriate names or thereabouts. But that’s my problem)

I’d rather have the ability to dye armors and change colors. There would be no need to separate the armor classes if they did that IMO.

4 Likes

You mean you want to take away the dev’s job of recoloring sets to make “new” sets? :smiley:

3 Likes

this would be a nice change as on my hunter I feel like there aren’t a lot of options (that I personally care for). While on my plate characters, or cloth, there are soo many options that I like. It would certainly open up way more options for everyone.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Transmogging is the one creative thing in the game that lets people express themselves. You’re limiting the creative palette the more restriction you have in place. If you have earned them, all your characters should be to access them.

You read my mind! Except I WANT BOTH!!! Lift armor restrictions and give us dyes! The more options we have, the better transmogs people will come up with.

3 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile:

I think variation would be even better. Such as… the difference between the LFR-Heroic and Mythic Tomb of Sargeras sets.