Transgender day of visibility

There’s an article out there that explained the importance of the day.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/31/us/transgender-day-of-visibility-trnd/index.html

1 Like

Thank you for having the links, and the fire in your belly to get out toe to toe with…them.
Take care out there, okie? If you make any headway you’re absolutely amazing - but remember that most of all, these people don’t want to listen, and they’d rather tear us all down if they could.

Grab some water if you haven’t recently - I ended up getting pretty dehydrated personally.

2 Likes

Homophobes are quite toxic and salty, to simply interact with them can make one dehydrated. Stay safe out there my friend!

I don’t have any more likes to give today, but ya made me laugh. Thanks for that. :heart: I needed that tonight.

Yeah, still not seeing it. The claims of anti-trans violence are tenuous at best, and of course phrases like “11.3 percent of the LGBT community” are laughable. You realize that 10 percent of a population that is less than 10 percent of the main population is miniscule right?

It goes back to my point of why this “day” is of no importance beyond corporations using yet another vehicle to sell their goods and services; nothing more than a western bourgeois vanity project at best.

Also maybe dont share a CNN op-ed as definitive proof.

2 Likes

Yeah, it really isn’t important at all.

3 Likes

As a lesbian, I welcome trans women in our spaces—trans women are women.

I don’t feel trans women are erasing anyone. No one is trying to hurt tHe ChIlDrEn.

3 Likes

Even in competitive athletic sports?

5 Likes

Hey Ralph. I am sorry I didn’t appreciate you when you were here. I miss you and your posts. Please come back. I won’t ever complain on your posts about metaslaves

6 Likes

pizza, sure, if pepperoni. I’d prefer an “Italian Dwarf Day”. It’s more inclusive, see… that way
we can also enjoy Epic Stromboli.

1 Like

They are to woman’s sports

7 Likes

I was raised to believe that I am capable of doing anything that I put my mind to. I was on the boy’s wrestling team as a girl in high school because there was no girls team.

Somehow I did fine?

2 Likes

Can we please get these types of threads closed?

6 Likes

That’s really great that those boys, and their coaches humoured you, drastically curbed their physical and technical prowess and made you feel welcome and equal.

Unfortunately, competitive sports is merit-based. So your experience does not hold up in a real-world context.

Glad to hear your experience though. It reinforces what I say and believe about the majority population being kind to minorities - and why we dont need militant activism which is really based on a culture of bullying and mob mentality.

3 Likes

Ever notice how people only care about women’s sports when a trans woman who has been on hormones for over a year and has passed a blood test is allowed to participate?

These silly restrictions also harm cis women of color.

2 Likes

I mean hey, sports should be divided into weight class anyway. There’s already cases where women born naturally taller and stronger are being disqualified from the olympics because they’re not feminine enough.

If it’s divided by weight class, then it’s not about gender. It’s about your body. Which is what’s being tested anyways.

5 Likes

I love your name by the way - it’s quite fitting. :smile:

1 Like

Transgenders should have their own categories in sports just as disabled people have

9 Likes

Blizzard won’t close them. It doesn’t matter how many times players report them Blizzard opens them back up. I guess Blizzard is worried about the cancel crowd raging about discrimination, so I suppose they’ll continue and get worse. Why these aren’t moved to off-topic, at least, is beyond me.

2 Likes

I love their name too! It’s poetically ironic and beautifully paradoxical :slight_smile:

2 Likes