Transformers: Friendship in Disguise! next week

The official Transformer MLP:FiM 4 issue crossover starts August 5th! As much fun as the Transformers/Ghostbusters and Transformers/Star Trek crossover comics where, I’m looking forward to see what happens.

Side note, what are your fav crossovers?

I have to mention the Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Justice League vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers ones. Both Batman vs TMNT ones; one story is the comics batman and TMNT while the other is B:TAS 2012 nick TMNT. As well as it’s animated movie.

I’m sorry, they did a TF/MLP crossover? Why in the hell would they ever do such a thing? Why is this even needed? I’d rather not even think anymore about this and talk instead about the Transformers Netflix series and it’s controversies, please.

Because Hasbro likes to sell toys. Having Patton Oswalt pony venting about why comic crossovers are stupid due to they way they don’t mesh with the established continuity and lore as the first speaking lines is a wonderful touch.

I need to mention it’s mostly G1 Transformer designs and MLP: FiM ponies.

It actually works well because a malfunctioning space bridge on Cybertron opens up at the same time Queen Chrysalis is doing a summoning spell for more changlings.

Each issue is broken into two parts. Issue 1 first half sets up how the crossover happens. Then Starscream is in Manehatten declaring himself the ponies new ruler and having them fit him with a very familiar cape and crown.

Issue 2 first part is MLP Spike finding himself on the Ark with Grimlock when the Constucticons attack. Part 2 is Pinkie Pie and Gauge exchanging culinary treats when Shockwave shows up.

Issue 3 is Rainbow Dash and Windblade flex their flight skills in a race. Meanwhile Fluttershy’s tea party is interrupted by Soundwave.

Issue 4 Applejack’s apple farm is under attack by the insecticons. the other part should wrap this up.

Oh, Transformers: War for Cybertron: Siege. Damn good mini series so far. Much better than 5/6 of the Transformer’s live action movies.