Transferring a character to another account

Like I said, you won’t lose anything. What’s funny is I have the mog for the Glaives and the achievement but my daughter took the actual weapons with her when Blizzard split our account.

Here’s the link for their transfer FAQ. There’s a drop down box for the different kinds of transfers.

1 Like

Splitting the bnet into two or playing two licenses on the same bnet?

You guys will share every thing but huh I’m not trying to be the WoW police here but what you’re talking about isn’t allowed. If you two get busted some how, your account will be banned.

In the ToS you’re allowed to share your account between parent and child.

Edit: crud, “You may not use your account at the same time”. But we’ll be on different accounts at the point… And I mean, I’m basically trying to do that same as what you did.

So this is bannable? I’ll have to put in a ticket for a definitive answer. Not going to go through with it until I’m certain.

1 Like

That’s talking about using the same WoW license, not the same Battle.net account.

I already googled it.

Apparently if it’s someone of the same household it’s okay.

But no signing into one at the same time.

Wew lad that was quite a bit of anxiety.

I don’t know where you found this but no it’s not ok. The rules specifically say a parent can share with one minor child. That’s it.

Lol ya I saw you panic delete your posts.

2 Likes

I researched it on wowhead/reddit.

No,simultaneous logins is the keywords.

Thing is, whether you’ve got one minor, a husband or just a roommate sharing the account Blizzard’s not going to go CIA and fact check it.

I’m not going to say who but my friend shares his account with his roommate who he’s lived with for like a decade and they always share accounts. Never been banned for it.

I also don’t think Blizzard would be too keen on banning said account. You’d just lose a customer doing that. Back in the day they were more strict but now… Heck they don’t even permaban botters/cheaters 100% of the time*

*I’m basing this on the ban waves in WoD where they gave people 6 month bans.

That said, I’m still going to speak with some GMs/CS just to make certain I’m in the clear before I go through with it. I do thank everyone for the answers.

2 Likes

You have to think of it like this… A bnet account holds all the information for any license within that account. One bnet account can have up to 8 licenses attached to said account. Each license can be individually logged into at the same type by selecting a drop down on the launcher. Each license requires its own subscription.

If you transfer a license to another bnet account it will not have the mounts (some pvp mounts excluded) that the original bnet account had as they are individual accounts.

If you switch a character from one license to another license it will keep all of the same mounts as long as that license in in the same bnet account.

Note about the pvp mounts. There are some mounts within the game that are attached to the character because of the specific achievement and will transfer with that character.

If you are transferring a character from one Battlenet account to another You will lose account-wide titles that you did not earn on that specific character and you will also lose all your mounts. On top of this any mounts and titles you earned on the character you’re transferring? Will go with the character to the new battle net account so you will lose them on your old Battlenet account

You can have two accounts under the same Battlenet email on top of that both accounts under the same Battlenet can be online at the same time. Both me and my wife’s account are under the same Battlenet email so we can share mounts and achievements between each other.

This is what I would highly recommend so you don’t lose any of those things. If you transfer the account to a different Battlenet account entirely AKA a different email the count you will lose the items I mentioned above.

As you can see there was really no reason to ever have a completely separate Battlenet. Like I said above two accounts under the same Battlenet can be online at the same time

1 Like

They’re wrong. It says right here on the Blizzard website that Eve linked:

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activies conducted by the minor child.

I might contact a support then.

Me and my wife are under the same Battlenet and blizzard is fully aware of this. The GM told me specifically on the phone that it’s not an issue and people do it all the time. He said if your husband and wife living in the same household it’s fine.

He said the only time it could be an issue is if the two of us ever wind up getting a divorce and want the accounts separated

I don’t believe this. I’ve seen blues tell couples they can’t share accounts.

Yes and he stated very clearly that is the current policy. He said however we’re not going to ban us for it or take action out of the blue. Married couples do what we are doing all the time and it’s not an issue. He said the only time they would do anything to the account is if she tried to contest the account or something like that or if I did the same thing.

He did however suggest separating the accounts to remain within policy but they won’t ban us if we don’t.

Again, I don’t believe CS told you that.

Dude it’s one of those things where they say this is our policy and they tell you the policy which he did to me. He also did clearly explain the possible consequences of not following the TOS.

Then he said however action will not be taken against your account unless one of you tries to contest the account at that point you could face a ban or some other type of action and he did highly suggest that we separate the accounts so we are within the guidelines of their policy.

To be honest we have been discussing this issue and may do that. But at this point we’re leaving it as-is.

The jest of the conversation I got is he told us we are not following the terms of service and what we are doing is against the policy. However it’s not something that will make them seek us out and ban the account out of the blue for.