Training with Trainee quest line

Couple days ago I seen a Icy Veins write up that there was an issue with Trainee doing World Quest “Training with your Trainee” for zone picked for that day…something on the line there are extra things you can get with said Trainee out while on quest line…now I can’t find the story written by Icy Veins…anyone see that article couple days ago?

1 Like

There are specific named trainees that can find things for you. But I don’t know if it’s only pets.

The article is on the front page of Warcraftpets:

https://www.warcraftpets.com/

1 Like

Thank you so much Rhielle …my mistake I thought it was on Icy Veins…thank you.

1 Like

Welcome! :purple_heart:

Having so many sites you read up on stuff for WoW I get lost some times LOL.

1 Like

How often are the Trainee callings given during the week? Is it once a week? I am not sure I actually remember, as I usually did them to get them over with. This week all the trainee’s are not the ones that find the “shiny” things.

I think we get at least one trainee calling a week I could be wrong.

When I was leveling my hunter there I tamed the rare elite bear there. It was an awesome pet and I still use it now and then. People are in a rush to get out of the training area and miss alot.

Finally found out that the trainee that digs up objects is named DREGS

So you gotta wait for rng to give you a training with calling and then rng to have a named trainee instead of a generic one and then on top of all that you have rng for whether the pet drops or not.

…ugh :face_vomiting:

Yesterday I had a Trainee with me. Seemed like pretty often there was extra drops from mobs. One was a Jeweled Doublet. Another was Lucy’s Collar. The collar taught me how to summon Lucy, an undead Battle Pet. The Trainee with me was a Dredger, I never got his name.

Thank you for this thread. I just got this today from my trainee calling.

Welcome…I got Lucy to drop too on this toon…been trying on my druid but luck yet …

Oh, yeah, the RNG. After I saw this thread and found out I have the named trainee, I farmed on my Kyrian for over 2 hours and got all sort of junks. I just gave up. Later in the day, switching to my Night Fae and saw her also having the named trainee. And, she gave this to me on her 1st found. RNG god is watching and playing, I swear. :blush:

The item dropped is Dirty Glinting objects. The pet is not the only great item. All the items are good quality so far and include Battle pet stones, food, and really good items like pocket portals to travel all over Shadowlands.

I got the list of trainees that can drop them on a wowhead comment by iIIumnati which is exceptionally detailed and informative.
Her post on WowHead:
Below is the name of the special trainee for each covenant:

Covenant: Venthyr
Special Trainee: Drippy

Covenant: Kyrian
Special Trainee: Deos

Covenant: Night Fae
Special Trainee: Twinklewings

Covenant: Necrolords
Special Trainee: Dregs

The way it works varies slightly for each trainee, but the mechanics are the same.

1] The Dirty Glinting Object appears after you kill an enemy.

2] Your special companion will give you a chat message to alert you.

2a] Drippy: “Dredged up somethin’ interesting over here, boss!”
2b] Deos: “I see something on the ground, here. Come, take a look!”
2c] Twinklewings: “I think I see something on the ground, over here!”
2d] Dregs: “Dug up some parts! Look!”

3] The enemy does not have to be part of a World Quest, it can be any level 60 mob in that zone, hostile or neutral.

4] The loot will twinkle on the ground and when you hover your mouse over it, the loot icon shows up, but when you loot the
object, a loot dialog box DOES NOT OPEN . The loot will just pop into your bag and that means you better have room in your
bags otherwise you won’t get it. I’m not sure if the Postmaster will mail it to you after the fact.

5] After you loot the object, you will need to wait about 5 minutes for it to happen again.

6] As long as you do not turn in the quest (or it expires), your special trainee will stay with you and you can continue to get loot
every 5 minutes after a kill.

Heh…I wonder how many of these glinting objects I’ve just left on the ground throughout the past year. I’d never heard of any of this before.