Training Stones not working when applied to pet in Pet Journal

Today, I tried to use “Magic Battle-Training Stone” on Snoots. I clicked on the stone and then clicked on Snoots’ profile in the journal. I received the error of “Invalid Target”.

However, when I summoned Snoots and then used the stone, it worked. This is odd because previously, I could just click on the pet portrait in the journal and it worked fine. I’m hoping this is a bug because it’s an extra step that seems unnecessary.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

At one time I seem to remember Blizzard mentioning could just click on the Journal but it never worked for me. Don’t know if it got tried and later abandoned.

Maybe it was just a glitch for me earlier. Because just now, I tried using a Flawless Battle-Training Stone by clicking on the pet portrait in the journal and it worked fine.

The differences are that it was a different type of stone, a different pet (Extinguished Eye), and I am in a different zone (Hallowfall instead of Dornogal).

Why I really like this forum. My keystrokes-per-day count will probably drop 30% now that I find out just clicking on portrait does indeed work now and I don’t need to do a summons anymore. Thanks !

Was in Valdrakken, used Fel-Touched and Flawless Battle-training Stones. Will watch to see if stone type or location seems to make a difference.

I remember someone had a similar problem, but instead the battle-stones were consumed in excess.
Turned out, even if you pick a pet in the journal, whatever NPC you’re targetting outside is getting prioritised.

Because the OP was targetting a non-rare pet directly, and the quality used not to reflect ingame until resummoned, they wasted a handful before figuring it out.

In your case it might be you were targetting someone or something else entirely. :slight_smile:

1 Like