Trading Post Tips And Tricks

Here are some things for helping those who don’t know what’s going on with the Trading Post.

1.) There is a quest there to talk to various NPCs and get Tokens. You can get 500 right off to bat by doing this. You can also get 500 normally Monthly (they do roll over), and you get an extra 500 (1000 from the chest) if you pre-ordered or you’re a new player.

2.) You can ‘freeze’ certain items that you cannot afford yet, that way, they don’t go away when the Trading Post changes their things up for the next month.

3.) In order to get more Traders Tokens. You have to do content around the world, this can be achieved by doing things you usually do like raiding, dungeons, holidays etc. There is no way to get more passively nor is there a way to get more just by hanging around the Trading Post.

4.) The Chest with the Tendies (The tokens) will be on the left of the post.

5 Likes

Add to that:

The currency, like the items, are account wide. It’s not earned per character as such, but any of your alts can do the things and the currency is added to the account ‘pool’. So a lower level alt can do the activity in say Northrend, while your level 70 can do the harder ones in DF.

1 Like

I see people with the Ash’adar mount already lol I’m taking it slow though, so far it’s fun. I like it! Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes

If you get the Tendies for a whole year (the 500 we get each month), y’all get the cool Warden armor(s)

Aye, some people love to rush to be one of the cool kids with the fancy mount straight off, but the benefit is that you can work on it over the duration of the current selection which is great if you have less time to play (as I do).

I had to think about that for a minute and then realised its the new special term for ‘tender’. Gotta love WoW players and their sort-of acronyms. :sunglasses:

And remember, you gotta do things in the world. None of the things to do require people to stand around the Trading Post XD

There’s a WeakAura to change the name to “Trader Tendies”

LoL snort

1 Like

OH! Another tip.

You can go past 1000 tokens and hoard them.

1 Like

You need to update your list of tips on the OP.

Maybe add to it things like:

Players searching for the post in the original quest, its actually literally on a post of the tent the NPCs are standing under. Its difficult to see but will show the little ‘wheel’ interact if you mouse over it.

PS: I just started to log on and notice the launcher is indicating an update. Wonder if they are fixing the unacknowleded tendie gains…

2 Likes