Trading Post is fomo?

So a lot of augusts rewards are amazing so amazing infact I kinda of want every item. However this is impossible. I am going to miss out and it is going to hurt. Will these items come back into the game or into another month of trading post or are they forever gone? Is there confirmation of the fate of these items and if so can we as a community come together to somehow bring back items into the game?

2 Likes

You’re not getting every item anyway unless you run endgame content in every single piece of content.

Get what you want, don’t worry about the rest.

17 Likes

Trading post items will circle back around so you will get another shot at them. The bow that’s up for august is a repeat from the first month I believe

13 Likes

I’m rocking the fury of the firelord right now and I got it from the trading post.

3 Likes

oh so there will be recycled items at random. Thats great to hear!!! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the intention is, in fact, to cycle the items around so that you can get them again later!
Unsure about the rewards for filling the bar every month, but the stocked items that you purchase for tender should show up again if there’s some you’d like but can’t get this time around.

2 Likes

They’re definitely coming back, or at least some of them. The real question is when.

From past months :

February

• Azure Scalesworn Longbow
  • Shard of Frozen Secrets
  • Fury of the Firelord

April

• Crimson Nexus Crescent
2 Likes

The progression bar reward as much as i would like for it to, doesn’t bother me as much. As much as i despise all things fomo. I had the ability to do what needed to be done to get the rewards and chose not to, and thus the fault is mine 100%. But this time around i am more than willing to put in the work to get all the desired items however, we as players are limited to a specific amount of currency. And I’m already holding a item from last month cause i didn’t have enough to get everything and this month i want it all plus a item i saved from last month :frowning:

Reminder not to fall for their schemes, it’s obvious they want to continue to make the demand higher than the supply of currency so people keep asking for more and then eventually they will “save” the day by selling the solution even though currently they say they have no plans too.

2 Likes

everything is fomo in mmos and live service games, how people are still surprised in 2023

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be though. Its a marketing tactic to get people to play more, a negative one at that. “Fear of missing out” it causes people who have attachments to a game to become feared that they might not have something and they will dedicate money or time they may not have in order to not miss out. Supporting it is supporting ways to basically bully people.

1 Like

More profitable = more better

No, it isn’t. ‘Fear of missing out’ is as old as the concept of bartering. People layer negative perceptions on it because most are bad with managing their money.

5 Likes

If u want everything then just wait till it comes around again, like the wingged horse mount did

The devs have said you cant get everything every month

I understand why its done, its just a crappy way to do so. I mean they could focus on giving the majority of the community what they want, what ever that may be to keep sub numbers up but it took till the mass exodus of shadowlands for them to start listening to people.

1 Like

You’re gonna be fine dude. It’s just a game.

3 Likes

i mean obviously its not the end of the world. I just see a lot great designed items and as someone who loves to collect, its just gonna really suck that i wont be able to obtain them. But knowing that items will get recycled and maybe (copium inhale) they will make it into the game at some random point. I defiantly will be fine.

It’s not, but it does suck that they intentionally made the Trading Post this way despite not having to. It’s also been one of the major complaints - the ‘cap’ we have on tenders, leading to not being able to get every single item we want.

I know they claim they didn’t want people to feel pressured to do everything in the adventure guide so as not to ‘miss out’ on rewards, but
 if people want to go the extra mile and grind the whole thing out to get some extra tendies so they can buy out the whole trader, why not let them? It’s their choice to do so or not; Blizzard shouldn’t have to play babysitter to ensure some people with zero impulse control don’t whine about ‘having to do everything just to get everything’.

I love the Trading Post, but this aspect of its design has always bothered me - and given those datamined assets that looked very suspiciously like bundle packs that might go on the cash shop one day, I am concerned of the future for it with its current design principles.

1 Like

yeah another issue i have with both WoW and FF14 why is there weekly caps on like dailies / raid drops / currency caps for gearing and so on? If I wanna rerun a raid 50 times in a week to gather up as much gear as fast as possible why can i not do that to myself?!

Because that would make the game worse for people who aren’t you.

Spamming a raid infinitely for gear/currency would make for an absolutely miserable progression experience.