TRADE DEAL: Store Mount for PvP Gear

Playing your toon isn’t difficult. Maintaining an organized group and performing at a high level together definitely is.

Why do lines like this always come from people who have 0 experience in PvP. Like, sure it doesn’t take much skill to play at sub 1500 where your personal best rating is, but you’ve got no idea what it is like to play at glad/hero+ levels, so why bother even trying to talk about it. It’s the same thing when people that don’t raid mythic try to talk about how easy it is. Both cases are just stupid.

Right you are. For example, high rated arenas or RBGs.

Why do comments like these always come from people who play PVP and seem to think their particular niche is somehow mind expanding and revolutionary. You’re pushing buttons. You’re countering your opponents counters. The best players in the world have more skill than lesser players, but that doesn’t mean it’s difficult. Or even challenging. In fact when the best players play the best players, it’s typically boring.

Making an arena team isn’t difficult. Finding 2-4 people you can get along with and play well with isn’t nearly the same as finding 19. Rated BGs WOULD be the same as mythic raiding at a high level, except in the end ONE of you will always win. Mythic raid doesn’t guarantee a winner. That’s the difference.

I don’t understand why this even has to be a discussion of PvE vs PvP to begin with.

PvP iLvl is seperate from PvE now. Getting PvP gear fixed literally doesn’t effect PvE at all.

If the PvE players still want renown upgrades and stuff for the PvE iLvl on PvP gear then that’s whatever, but the PvP iLvl doesn’t impact their gameplay so why the fuss :confused:

You shouldn’t have to micromanage all 20 people. If you are, you’re probably not killing any bosses. Everyone learns where to be, when to move in, out, avoid this mechanic, use CDs, etc… Both high end Arena and Mythic raiding take coordination and memorizing when to do what at what time, and become much easier the more you do them.

Except it does? Either team A or team B wins in RBGs. In a raid either you win or the boss wins. Either way, YOUR team either wins or it loses, and playing better gives you a better chance to win.

Spoken like someone who has never raided at a high level. “use cds?” If healing cooldowns aren’t assigned properly, then you’ll have overlap and lose people to other mechanics. If certain raid mechanics aren’t assigned, you’ll either not have people available when needed later, or have overall reduced effectiveness due to too many people going to do it. Or noone which is worse.

It’s the interplay that introduces difficulty, and the more people you add the worse it is.

LOL, team boss! Go! Now you’re just trolling. The boss winning is a loss.

Why don’t they just put PVP gear in the shop? I’d 100% do that rather than this idiotic boosting meta.

So, in other words…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

As is the other team winning. Really simple concepts are trolling, I guess.

No it’s not. The other team winning is a team of players winning. The boss winning is NOONE wins.

And it’s not about just you. It’s about the interplay. Explaining this is pointless because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

You mean have them add conquest gear in the Blizz store?

How much for it 30-40 bucks for the whole set? Why would we want to encourage pay to win?

If they do that they might as well add raid gear in there to. That way we don’t have to play the game. We can just buy our epics without setting a foot in a dungeon.

We can have a glorified chat room.

You want this to be true so bad.

I’m trying to meet you halfway but you won’t bend at all. I know how assignments work, and it varies from fight to fight. That’s true for both PvE and PvP.

Maybe there’s a fight where you have to rotate heavy healing CDs because of an ability that does high raid wide damage, that’s a response to a mechanic. In an arena match you learn to trade CDs in certain circumstances too. Is your healer CCed? Are they switching to you? Did the monk just pop literally everything?

Both aspects of the game are about constantly relearning what to do in certain situations.

The biggest difference is in PvE, once you learn it, you’re set until they release the next one. In PvP you’re dealing with humans who will also constantly be adjusting to your own adjustments so it’s a never ending back and forth where you have to continually get better even if you’re at the top because those below you will keep getting better.

But I have no idea what I’m talking about, so it’s a moot point.

You said don’t stand in mechanics and use cds. That’s such an oversimplified perception it’s clear you’ve never raided at a high level. If you have someone else did al the real work and you got hard carried.

You… can literally scroll up and read what I said verbatim. I’ll save you the trouble.

I was just giving examples. Did you want an exhaustive list of every mechanic ever added to the game and the reaction for every class and spec to said mechanic? You’re just being angry and aggressive at this point, and clearly not even reading what I’m saying, so I’ll bow on out and let you wallow in your perceived correctness.

I’ll just leave this L on the counter for you on my way out.

Because right now it’s the illusion of a merit based system, but it’s actually pay-to-win. So what you have here is people attempt to play PVP, thinking it’s a talent-oriented world, and it’s not. People with 1800 - I’d say at least 30% of them didn’t earn it.

At least if you have to buy the gear, the system is transparent.

1 Like

Your list doesn’t reflect what we were talking about AT ALL. I said what matters is the organization of a large group. You could have said healer cooldown rotations or breaking up groups for mechanics instead you said a bunch of solo stuff.

I don’t think you actually read what they posted:

They are not saying that the act of buying the mounts should give that person higher ilvl gear. OP is saying that they would spend extra money on the game, if Blizzard fixed their crappy PvP gearing system.

The game right now is pay to win, removing rating gates as the OP suggests, is the opposite.

1 Like

Will Whale 4 PvP Fix :white_flag:

2 Likes

New mount guys, looks beautiful.