Trade Chat: What is the point?

I posted this in the wrong forum. LMFAO…

Hi, guys! :smiley:

Note: If you are one of the types of people I refer to below, keep your comments to yourself unless you have something constructive to say, thanks. And also, please, don’t post here with the whole “sensitivity” argument in which profane, bigoted and generally inappropriate behavior is somehow turned around and put onto those honestly hurt by that behavior. I totally appreciate friendly banter, but not hate speech nor harassment.

And so…

Why is there Trade Chat? Every single player knows it consists only of those supposedly selling mythic plus dungeon or Battle of Dazar’alor runs, the occasional guild advertisement, and always entirely toxic trolls and actual bigots not realizing they’re being trolled.

There is almost never legitimate trade in this channel. There is always toxicity, scamming, offending and trolling.

It may once have served a purpose. It no longer serves anything but what is described above. Again, what is the point of Trade Chat?

Been that way since it began! It is a thing we do not question…

1 Like

We outleveled The Barrens.

2 Likes

Toxicity and trolling I find better than other servers like Illidan where trade chat is pure ad. In a sharded world with no community, TC and its flavor provides a sense of that community, even if we get the toxic side of it.

1 Like

I’ve been around for a long time, and trade chat has pretty much always been exactly what you are describing. Trade has always functioned more as a global chat channel. As for its contents as a global chat channel, well, it is the internet, report behavior that violates the rules and move on.

2 Likes