Tracking the First WoW Classic Naxxramas Kills

Progress got world first.

This. We were pretty geared when Naxx opened up but not like your every day common guild now. But even then, the bosses fell quickly early. These days with your average guild being super geared and add on World buffs on top of that?

lol. As much as I would have loved Naxx to have been a grueling affair, it’s going to get steam rolled.

No, they weren’t really used back then. Only if it was convenient. Progression raiding was exactly that. Progression. You didn’t do MC when you were AQ40. Things took time. And heck, server firsts were a thing. You think we’d tell competing guilds if we ever got a buff?

I forgot to add, they had multiple raid teams getting gear, so they could pick and choose who they took, to have the best geared people also.

Yeah I played on a pserver for a bit, I got a taste of how guilds did things. That’s why I say Classic is Retail Vanilla. Today’s player base playing the latest version of an old game. Whether or not it’s Retail or Pserver, the playerbase is similar.

Dude…
Read
The
Whole
guilds today are 10x better than the guilds back then lol. what are oyu talking about

2 Likes

It’s a false equivalence because believe it or not Vanilla and Classic are still very different games.

If Blizzard was still actively balancing Classic the way they actively balanced Vanilla then everything that one considers to be part of “a good guild” in classic would either be heavily nerfed or completely removed altogether.

Say goodbye to World Buffs meaning you actually need the requisite gear… And no stacking world buffs does not make a guild good lol…

Say goodbye to +weapon skill reducing glancing blow damage reduction meaning melee damage(by far the biggest reason bosses die so quickly) is actually at tuned and balanced levels vs a level 63 mob.

Say goodbye to all those gold buying speed running guilds that actually buy so much Black Lotus they can afford flasks of petrification on all 40 people and afford to use a flask of distilled wisdom like it’s a glorified mana potion. They would be instantly banned for clear as day gold buying.

Say goodbye to warrior class stacking since rage from damage dealt would be normalized like it was in patch 2.0.

Staying logged out for half the week or even 3 weeks to save Darkmoon Faire does not make you good.

So tell me, exactly in what way are guilds now better than guilds in Vanilla were? Having retroactive knowledge about what was broken and eventually patched out, and then abusing the hell out of the things that used to be broken surely does not make you “good” in any sense of the word by comparison.

1 Like

Being good in classic is largely about knowledge. The mechanical complexity of the game is very simple. So yes, they are better than the players back then.

It is odd to me that there are people who still don’t understand: Classic is the easiest iteration WoW has ever had.

And that. is. o. k.

Its ok.

Really, its fine. Enjoy the game. People latch onto difficulty as if its the end all be all, when its often times not important to most people at all. Go, have fun.

3 Likes

I would say classic is the easiest for raids. Some other game aspects have been easier at later points (i.e. on-rails questing since Cata).

That is still true. There is no story-mode LFR version of Naxx. Any raid completing it will need to meet at least a moderate competency threshold.

As for the times above, those guilds have elite players at all 40 positions, perfect gear and perfect composition, and they have practiced the fights ahead of time a zillion times, so there are no mistakes, not one, and no wasted motion. Shouldn’t be a surprise.

1 Like

It’s still a false equivalence classic is not vanilla and never has been it’s a spin-off and a poor one at that.

And comparing anything in retail past 2010 to Vanilla is also a false equivalence because they’re also completely different games and retail is only wow in name and nothing else. Even calling it an MMORPG would be questionable.

Blizzard threads treating this like esports, to me is the worst aspect of the game.

4 Likes

15 years of knowledge. And 3 guilds cleared it so far, who probably have years of practice on pirate servers, and some more on the ptr. This raid is definitely more difficult than AQ at least for the average raid guild. Who cares what the most sweaty guys do, what really matters is are you having fun. And if your fun is based on what these top guilds do idk what to tell you

so i just got finished attempting naxx with my guild for 8 hours… here is my advice go with 40/40 fully world buffed and flasked into patchwerk first. we got stuck on loatheb, cant coordinate heals well enough yet. safety dance fight was hard but we got it down after 8 attempts. its a very challenging raid, even when your raid is full of players that are geared to the teeth including consumables. all we were lacking was world buffs but unfortunately after the first wipe that wasnt going to be an option.

lol these people have been practicing for years

Knowledge very much equates to skill in Classic. These raids would still be hard if we were all clueless.

Except it’s not the kind of knowledge that leads to cleaner execution of mechanics, or leads to higher raid awareness.

It’s a kind of knowledge that Vanilla players never had access to because by the time they learned what was broken, it was already patched out of the game, or it was patched out before they even knew they could abuse it at all.

Guilds and raiders today have access to this degenerate knowledge by virtue of it being 15 years old and by the fact that it won’t be actively balanced or patched out.

It’s as simple as just looking back on past patch notes like 2.0, and realizing that things like +weapon skill reducing the glancing blow damage reduction penalty can be highly abused and used to trivialize PVE content vs level 63 mobs when class stacking, then simply abusing the hell out of it ad-infinitum because they know it won’t be fixed.

It’s “abuse” to gear properly? lmao

1 Like

The fact that you wrote such an ill-informed response already tells me that you neither read what I actually wrote nor have any idea what you’re even talking about I’m done lol…

Ermagerd 308 weapon skill abuse /cry

1 Like