Hi there.
I wrote a little addon to track shatter stacks graphically… like it makes a horizontal bar graph with 20 gray blocks and they become blue from left to right as you gain shatter stacks. So instead of looking at a number, you see it graphically.
Anyway, in the latest patch, they broke my addon (turned the value into a secret). Does anybody know a way to get a similar experience? Or anybody just have basic advice on how to track shatter stacks?
Hahah of course they did, you’re supposed to count to rng 20 in your head, silly.
I’ve had some luck with plater but it’s not great…for some reason it’ll glitch out and just display 14 constantly
I tried the built in cdm, but the stack number is just too small. I’m getting old ya know.
I dont have the code for it anymore, might need some googlefu - but I used ArcUI, someone had made a nice set up for freeze stacks with blue and red boxes (red at the 6, 12, 18 for SS … probably fully adjustable for FF - but i havent touched FF since the end of last exp).
Looks like it could be done in Ellesmere UI too:
Arcane Salvo / Freezing bars in EllesmereUI
First, most important rule
If you imported someone else’s profile or want to set it up yourself, make sure you set up the tracking of the buff ( :arcanesalvo: Arcane Salvo or :freezing: Shatter) as a bar in the Blizzard CDM. This is crucial for it to work properly.
Basic setup
After adding the buff to the Blizzard CDM, go to EllesmereUI -> Cooldown Manager -> Tracking Bars -> Add Independent Bar and select the buff you want to track, if you tracked it properly it should appear on the list. Near the bottom enable Stack Based Bar and Enable Max Stacks - set the value to be correct for your buff/talent setup.
Customization
Most of the customization stuff is self explanatory, but I’ll go over the most interesting options: You can set ticks (dividers) on custom locations using Ticks at Stacks - type a comma separated list of numbers or all if you want a segment for every stack. You can set up multiple (up to 5) custom color changes depending on the number of stacks. For example you can have a dim bar under 12 stacks, bright on 12 and over and red on 25. This option is near the end: Enable Stack Threshold and then click the cogwheel to set up multiple thresholds.
Ah! Thanks for the info.
I don’t want to run a large addon like that, but I can use their methodology in my tiny little addon.
Yeah, thats why I went the ArcUI route back at the start of Midnight … it’s the only thing i use it for. I wasnt even aware of Elles doing it until the above post 
1 Like
Here is what I use, which seems similar to what you had before and also has the functionality of ArcUI: Freezingtracker might have to look on Curseforge for it. I can’t insert links.