Touchpad mouse help

I just bought a Dell G7 i7 laptop and I am one of those rare people that enjoy using the touchpad mouse to fly/swim etc however, this touchpad is not allowing me to do this. I’ve compared the in game settings to my old laptop and they are the same & checked the touchpad settings in my computer setting but not sure what I need to look for. I’ve never had this happen so any help is appreciated!

What exactly is going on when you try using the touchpad? Is the cursor not moving in-game? Or are you unable to move the camera? Are you using the mouse buttons on the touchpad or tapping the touchpad to left click?

Hi! So on my other laptops all I had to do was hold down both buttons and then I could control how I moved/fly/swim. On this new laptop the cursor is working but I can’t utilize holding the buttons and moving any way, it only moves the camera. My default setting is at Middle wheel mouse, which is what it is for my other laptops. I hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Is this specific to the touchpad or have we tested with an external mouse on that laptop to see if it happens with that? Might try moving your WTF folder from one of the working laptops over to this laptop.

Yep external mouse works and I just tried copying the WTF folder by putting it on a usb. copied & pasted successfully but still the same issue. I don’t know if this helps but it says the name of my touchpad is HID compliant. So odd I don’t understand…

Is the touchpad not working at all? If not, please check pointer settings to ensure it’s not disabled while a mouse is plugged in.

If you are able to use the touch pad, but unable to use certain key combinations (such as using left and right-click at the same time to steer/move) it may be a device limitation. Not all touch pads are compatible with multi-touch inputs.

so i couldn’t 100% understand what your issue is, but this is an issue i’ve had with touchpads before, maybe it is relevant.

newer touchpads don’t have discrete buttons. i wanted to be able to hold a button while moving my finger on the touchpad, but it blocked this input. you might look for a setting like palm guard, touch guard, something along those lines, and try to disable it.