Totally Pawesome Druid Macros Tested In Beta and Ready for Classic

Nice macros

I thought the beta cap was lvl 40?

Everything I can find on barksking says it has no effect on GCD lets hope it’s a bug.

/bow

Thank you so much. All great stuff, but the stuff about Healthstones etc. is a game changer.

You can replace most of this text with /cancelform

3 Likes

Pretty much every skill will be a macro for me, so that every bar has a Bear/Cat version rather than just the main bar.

Some skills will have [form:1] with a skill after it in the cast line so that in the context of bear for it will use that skill rather than the skill it casts otherwise, for slots that don’t need a unique skill for bear form will have [form:1]Bear Form; so that it automatically takes you out of bear form if you’re in bear form.

Something like this on slot 1 of hotbar 2:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1]Bash;[form:2]Ferocious Bite;[form:3]Aquatic Form;[form:4]Travel Form;[help]Healing Touch;[group]Healing Touch;[@player]Healing Touch

The macro icon automatically changes as you shift forms and you can make them look just like normal buttons by naming them with Alt+0160 (blank space).

Only got to test up to:

/cast [form:1]Bash;[help]Healing Touch;[group]Healing Touch;[@player]Healing Touch

In the stress test, but can assure that it works.

I also rebind Bear to Q, Cat to E, Aquatic to F and Travel to V.

3 Likes

I think he wrote them that way so they wouldn’t take moonkins out of form unnecessarily. Makes them nice and generic for people to safely copy/paste, but yeah, as feral/resto I’ll just use /cancelform for most of mine.

I’m sold, going druid-this by far made my decision. Was down to druid or priest. Bear stuff it is

I had to log in just to say thanks for this amazing thread!

Thank you for pointing this out. I have adjusted all of the macros to use /cancelform instead of /cancelaura and tested the adjustments. The macros are much shorter now!

Indeed, but I could use conditionals on /cancelform to maintain that convenience. So, Scrubnoob has simply given us all the gift of shorter versions of these macros. :wink:

You’re welcome, bud. Have fun being shifty in the good way in Classic. :wink:

Would be nice to have this stickied on a class druid forum…

5 Likes

Thank you good sir! I have this thread bookmarked for future reference.

Aha, nice one!

Thank you so much for these macros! I’m still dithering on what to main in classic - mage, hunter, warrior or feral druid. Tempted by this post to choose druid. :slight_smile:

This world simply cannot have enough competent bears, kittens, moon chickens, and aggressive yard maintenance personnel (what with all the leaf throwing). Here’s hoping that you choose to give us all one more, my dear.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for this! How would you modify one of these macros to pounce (or ravage) while stealthed but… shred otherwise? Is it possible in this system?

Do you mean like this? :wink:

#showtooltip
/stand
/dismount
/cancelform [noform:3]
/cast [noform:3] Cat Form
/cast [stealth] Pounce; [nostealth] Shred
/startattack [nostealth]

Translated to English:

1. show the tooltip for the first spell the macro will currently cast
  2. stand up (trying to cast a spell or shapeshift while seated won’t work)
  3. if mounted, dismount (trying to cast a spell or shapeshift while mounted won’t work)
  4. cancel current form if not in Cat Form
  5. cast Cat Form if not in Cat Form
  6. if in stealth cast Pounce, otherwise if not in stealth cast Shred
  7. start auto-attack if not in stealth

Or, perhaps, a single button you can mash to put you in stealth if you’re out of combat, Pounce if you’re in stealth, or Shred if you’re not in stealth?

#showtooltip
/stand
/dismount
/cancelform [noform:3]
/cast [noform:3] Cat Form
/cast [nocombat, nostealth] Prowl; [stealth] Pounce; [nostealth] Shred
/startattack [nostealth]

Translated to English:

1. show the tooltip for the first spell the macro will currently cast
  2. stand up (trying to cast a spell or shapeshift while seated won’t work)
  3. if mounted, dismount (trying to cast a spell or shapeshift while mounted won’t work)
  4. cancel current form if not in Cat Form
  5. cast Cat Form if not in Cat Form
  6. if not in combat and not in stealth cast Prowl, otherwise if in stealth cast Pounce, otherwise if not in stealth cast Shred
  7. start auto-attack if not in stealth

The world of macros is your oyster, brave kitten. Just keep this on loop and tear 'em up in STV. :wink:

8 Likes

Thank you for this; I love me some macros!

I’m looking for macros that have conditionals built in, so I can cast different ranks of my heals, using ctrl and alt; what would that look like in the modern API? I haven’t played since Cata; and, everything has changed, it seems, in how macros are scripted now!

So, for instance: If I push the 3 key, I want to cast my biggest HT; if I do alt+3, I want rank 4; if I do ctrl+3, I want rank 8. I also cannot exist without mouseover; but, I think that part seems fairly straight-forward!

Thanks in advance, if someone could show me what that might look like in script?

Also, I really like delving into the details of macro scripting; but, I’m not a programmer. Are there some trusted resources online that I could be pointed to, that would allow me to learn more WoW: Classic macro scripting, at my own pace? I can Google™; but, it doesn’t tell me what resources are good or bad in the list, only what SEO optimization has been done! Thank you to anyone and everyone who might be able to help in this regard!

Sincerely

bellacose

1 Like

This is the work of the lord.

3 Likes

Blessed thread.