Macros documentation

I heard that classic macro version is different. Anyone have a link to documentation for it?

2 Likes

This thread is pretty good, but it’s made for Retail:

I’m still looking out for how to input spell ranks properly, but have already made macros like this for druid that change tooltip, icon and function as you shapeshift:

Rank SHOULD be in () iirc, like Flash Heal (Rank 1)

Should, that’s the way it worked in Vanilla, but I couldn’t get it to work like that in the Stress Test. With or without the space between the spell and the rank.

The current macros operate off the Legion API where spell ranks weren’t a thing.

Hmm, weird because you can do Berserking (Racial) in live

Hope something gets figured out so I can make my mouseovers lol

This should really be in the UI and Macro subforum.

Except classic doesn’t have a ui and macro subforum???

WoW has a Macro and UI forum, where it would be picked up with more readers who are interested in it quite likely resulting in more responses!!!

Seriously camping this thread? Muted.

Except you wouldn’t get answers specific to classic wow. I mean, you can mute all you want, but doesn’t change the fact that this thread belongs here as it is classic related.

2 Likes

It should be. . .when it gets updated with resources for classic. None of the information, stickies, or audience there can give any useful information that is classic specific.

1 Like

Hello there! OP of the sticky referenced above in post 2.

I’m a bit late to the party, but I have added a bit about spell ranks to that thread. I’ll include the syntax here as well since people are asking.

/cast Spell will cast Spell at the maximum allowed rank.
/cast Spell(Rank #) will cast Spell at the specified rank. Note there is no space between Spell and (Rank #).