ToS update?

Was taken to ToS update today upon logging in. Is there a specific list of changes, aka what was new today vs previously?

No mention of it anywhere on reddit etc that i have seen so far unless anyone else has a link to specifics of what is new there.

Thanks!

Have you recently purchased a service or requested a refund? I bought a race change on the wrong character and put in a refund ticket and I just got the TOS update page.

You even get the notice when attempting to view your Account Management page.

Though the Terms of Sale (ToS) page itself shows its latest update as 12 NOV 2021.

I haven’t made a purchase from the Shop since 28 OCT 2021.

There has been an update to the launcher displaying new terms of conflict resolution and conditions of the sale of blizzard products from everything except the gear store.

The TOS has apparently been updated to conform to the new terms.

1 Like

This come up just before I had to head into work so a full analysis by me would have to come later (still at work now and having to do a manual compare)

One of the biggest things that jumps out at me right away that isn’t in the old Terms of Sale is a new refund policy -

Essentially Blizzard used to say all sales for digital content and services are final , no refunds.

Now they’re all like “some refunds …maybe … with certain conditions”.

4 Likes

To ensure that what new stuff I’m finding isn’t contained somewhere else I’m comparing the old terms of sale to the new one (via the internet archive swayback machine)

I also need to make sure that the stuff added or removed doesn’t appear in the EULA someplace or in another of blizzards legal agreements.

It’s slow going as I’m at work.

2 Likes

Home now.

Thread on the changes -

5 Likes

Indeed. The refund policy is basically an external publishing of the ‘internal’ policy that guided those refund “exceptions” granted by support. It’s something we’ve wanted to get published for a long time, and a lot of work from a lot of different teams went into getting it ready.

Apparently when you’re dealing with money / transactions across different countries that all have different laws around such things - it can be complicated!

7 Likes