TOS on ninja-ing

I’m talking BOE only. Everyone need BOE rares and epics. BOP…definitely Need/Greed.

We just agree to disagree. There’s no piece of BOE gear that is a bigger upgrade than getting an epic mount. It’s bonus loot. If it can go on the AH, everyone can benefit from it. If anything, Staff of Jordan dropping for me could be put on the AH and pay for a similar upgrade.

Jury’s out on this one.

Every thread I’ve seen on the matter has been 50/50 either way.

I will say every blue BoE I’ve had drop in a group setting has been needed on by every member present at the time with not even a single argument about it.

1 Like

The general idea is that this can be reported as a potential SCAM - not ninja looting. Blizzard would investigate whether there was a scam, and if they felt the evidence supported that, the account actions would be things like a suspension and removal of the item(s) in question. The reporting player would not be told the results and the GMs wouldn’t spend time figuring out who “should” have received it. The loot item(s) would be gone from game completely.

3 Likes

Blizzard wowpedia gives the rules plain as day. Need if you will use, greed otherwise. Anybody that does different is a trash bag of a human being.

Ok. Is that like Wikipedia where like anyone can edit it? Because…yeah.

Anyways, you’re statement is a clear definition of your character so…yeah.

1 Like

Meh not on BoEs friend unless you really feel that way. If edgemasters drops, I’m rolling need and telling everyone else to roll it as well. I’m not losing out on a free epic mount just because one person can technically use it but is more than likely going to sell it for himself anyway.

1 Like

Dude from Asmon’s guild ninjad Edgemaster’s Handguards, openly bragged about it on stream, then the next day used profits from selling it to get epic mount. So apparently it’s cool and nothing will happen, so ninja away.

1 Like

duh, nothing in the tos says anything about ninja looting and if you don’t have an IQ you deserve it. seriously, if you listen to the person saying “all greed” and greed before they do what do you expect. blizzard will never act against a ninja looter because its not their problem its the communities problem. stop asking to have your hand held because you lack brain cells

1 Like

lmao, calm down child.

To add to this. It MUST be the player with Master Looter that says the loot rules in chat. The person putting the group together can say whatever they want and have someone else doing the inviting and master looter tasks. Blizzard will not get involved.

I was fortunate to re-connect with a handful of old vanilla guildies and we then joined a guild of like-minded players. Glad I don’t have to revisit the old ninja looter issues from long ago.

The post you linked are blue posts from 2015. They are outdated and in any event only applied to Retail WoW, not Classic.

Scroll up to Chucktaurus’ post for a link to the blue post with Blizzard’s stance on loot trading in Classic. Bottom line is in Classic, Blizzard doesn’t get involved in policing loot ninja’ing. It’s up to the community of players to do so itself (presumably by blacklisting and not grouping with the ninja).

1 Like

I suspect that Blizzard does not have thousands of GMs who have the time to listen to the claims of BOTH sides, make the subtle determination of “what exactly did the agreement MEAN? How does this apply to this particular situation?” and then make a decision.

That sounds like a judge in a court. Blizzard is not offering you countless courts that can over-ride the current laws. Not at the current game price.

Wiki edits for bigs like wow generally have someone who checks the info being changed befor the clear it. Im willimg to bet its someone that works closely with blizzard. Not to mention, if anybody really can change it then its gonna be on whatever the community most feels it should be. Which still means only need if use.

Lol cant beat em join em. I bet you speed because “everyone does it”. Garbage human being.

Yeah because it’s also statistically safer to drive a little above the speed limit I guess that makes me garbage LOL. Sounds like you have some major issues friend.

Its only statistically safer because more people speed than dont. Dont let statistics confuse you. If the majority of people did do the speed limit then statistically that would be safer. Duh. But im sure iv’e just got major issues right?

The only tool to Ninja looters is the ignore list. Then you will be notified if u group up with someone on your list. Eventually, people like that get weeded out because they are on so many, and can’t get a group. That is why no name change should always be in effect in Classic.

Why would you play what if’s when that’s not reality?? LOL

It would be statistically better to also leave your doors unlocked every night just in case you forget your keys. But that’s not the reality we live in genius.

Edit: and yes, yes you do clearly