Torghast is Amazing: Don't gate it

They should gate the rewards so people don’t complain about the grind.
(personally I wouldn’t mind, but that’s besides the point)

They shouldn’t gate peoples ability to enjoy Torghast, because it is, as previously stated, insanely fun.

1 Like

I haven’t checked out the content but do they have extra difficulties?

They could gate the higher difficulty/difficulties and allow for the base difficulty to be ran as much as people want.

They do. They have Easy, Normal, and Heroic.

Currently, in my experience. Easy is absolutely faceroll.

Normal has some packs that will absolutely own you and I find it hard to progress with my ‘meh’ gear.

Heroic one shots me.

2 Likes

This, just like islands.

I see you are an android of immeasurable taste.

1 Like

hey hey people.

Also: FIND AND DESTROY THE HEART OF ARMAGEDDON

1 Like

I have never gone that far.
But I hope to go far in Torghast. Super excited to get into playing it!

Why is it better to start “safe.”

• You can already run a raid multiple time per week without any loot after the first time downing a boss. And for the most part people don’t feel inclined to continue running them unless its on different difficulties were they can still get loot. Although I do know a couple of streamers that seem to spend most of their lives rerunning the same raid 10+ times a week.
  • You are allowed to que for dungeons repeatedly even if you out gear it and there is no possibility for upgrades. Again most people will not run heroics unless the satchel is up if they get nothing from it.
  • You can run as many islands as you want and unless people are farming for a mount or pets people don’t.
  • You can que up for as many warfronts as you want yet people don’t.
  • You can que for as many BG’s and arenas as you want without farming resources.

As long as they limit the amount of runs that provide meaningful recources most people will stop running it once they cap for the day/week. But it does provide the benifit of allowing players to also help lew skilled/geared friends (without impacting their own progress,) allows players to practice if they want (and why shouldn’t they be able to if thats what they want to do) or just keep doing them because its what they find fun.

Gating this on a maybe in the face of all contrary evidence would be a bad idea. Particularly when its one of the most complained about things when it comes to heroic visions.

IF were talking JUST cosmetics include items of Legacy quality. Yes im talking those old raids and dungeons. You miss out on the raid and dungeon specific achievments and prestige and rewards attached, BUT you can do Torghast as a cheap alternative for Transmogs. Has absolutely zero use to you in current content but its there if you wanna buffer your transmogs.

I can see why some need to gate it and why should not be gated

time for some pros and con

if you gate it

Pros: help the drive need to go in there and work the right to go in there

cons: if you screw up that on you and have to wait for week or daily to reset to go back in

if they don’t gate it

Pros: more fun more try more way to test whacky starts

Cons they abuse it to the point it get boring and people ask for some thing new.

Not to mention, It would allow people to play the content they want, when they want, to the best of their characters ability. Which should be the only limiting factor in the content you are able to do.

1 Like

To be honest I’m no longer leveling my cloak on any characters and its because of the hour long grind required to be able to attempt another run.

I would love to be able to 5 mask and in fact wouldn’t mind putting in the practice but limiting my attempts to at most 5 per week (so I’m rusty again the following week) and the time required to grind out the essences is just exhausting.

The gate has stopped me from doing content that I enjoy.

1 Like

Facts this will increase the appealing something worthy to grind.

1 Like

yeah but Here what Beeing lazy bass to stress of grind and the exhusting

If I work up whole week and not go there I would earn 30 or 40 runs if I save up and not do it in 10 weeks I would have word if there a limter before blizz think "limt on Essences when game literary vomiting the stuff on quest and etc.

Let them abuse it, don’t hand hold.

I just don’t want to turn it into where wait time is annoying for tank on final boss in LFR

W… what?

I know and we all appreciate it all snarky’ness aside

But we both know what will happen.

There’s a reason Classic servers are sitting on 4+ hour queues during this pandemic and not flooding “live” servers

Not sure if anyone’s suggested it, but why not make the reward a currency similar to the weekly chest and base it on your farthest run that week. You can run as many times as you’d like, but with it ever changing you can’t cheese it.

Tanks leaving on the last boss can happen due to any number of reasons:

• They already entered a wing and completed that last boss. So there is no reward for staying (unless there is a satchel)
  • They are aim for a specific piece
  • They get frustrated by a co-tank who doesn’t understand the mechanics.
  • Or they can see were the group is going to fail and just don’t have the energy to put in the attempts.

But I fail to see how Torghast would be anything like LFR tanks leaving. If the first say four attempts are what you are rewarded for you want to stick around till the end or you waste one of your runs for the week.

If they did it like the M+ chest were you are rewarded for the highest level you completed for the week that would be a different animal and I’m sure you would see lots of people bailing on groups. But you only get the legendary items from chests you find in your run so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Because sharding and layering? I mean I get that you’re passionate, but you don’t need to be delusional as well.