Torghast harder just Alt F4 No Thanks

Most are crafting how many? I’d like to see those numbers cause that’s bananers. Everyone I’ve talked to (again anecdotal) has been like "Yea, Torghast sucks and I’m getting like one and …maybe upgrading it…maybe.

Is it the best you can have or an Ilvl 190 legendary?

I am not saying its perfect, but I thought it was fun crafting you own legendary.

Then you have no plans on being remotely competitive. Most specs need multiple legendaries and you do have to upgrade them since they are a huge stat stick because of iLvl.

I have 2 mandatory Legendaries for the content I do and 2 more that are vital in other builds and situations. Also can’t stress this enough… The game is meant to be enjoyed!! It’s an RPG and you are supposed to have multiple builds, sets and do different content.

You didn’t get by in Legion with 1 Leggo and you won’t in SL. At least not in any sort of remotely competitive scene in the wide variety of content this game offers.

1 Like

Say👏It👏Louder👏For👏The👏Back👏Row👏

You nailed it.

Whoa. Easy there. I’m on your side.

I was just surprised that anyone was willing to deal with torghast that much.

Cool down.

It was hard too cool down when I have to do Maw daily and Torghast as someone that looks to eventually enjoy the game and be competitive. As I said I have to suffer to acquire the needed resources to eventually have fun. Just outlining why it is mandatory if I want to eventually enjoy the game.

With that said

At least they are addressing Torghast especially the duration and likely read most of the comments in this thread. Now I will test Torghast again and think about staying for SL if they truly can get it to the desired intended spot. These runs need to be fast.

1 Like

Fair enough. I get your passionate. I was trying to be silly, so I apologize for making light.

That would be nice if they made some changes to it.

1 Like

I’m glad to see some Torghast hate on here. I just wasted two nights playing trying to clear layer 7. Took me so long each time to clear my way through to the boss. I have wiped now 4 times on layer 7. I don’t want to do this.

It would be one thing if maybe I got something for clearing what I did, but no. I don’t have anything. I honestly have not had fun playing in Torghast and have made no progress on my character from 2 nights of playing this game.

I’ve liked the expansion up to this point, but this makes me want to put WoW back on the shelf for a bit and play something else for now. Maybe I suck at this game, but geeze. I’d rather suck at the game and not get punished for it. Dying in Torghast and the maw just sucks.

1 Like

Not surprised, they went back 10 steps after they made so much good progress.

The only issue that I’ve had was the dps check mechanic stack on the boss. It’s just not possible for me on frost, atm.

The only issue that I’ve had was the dps check mechanic stack on the boss. It’s just not possible for me on frost, atm.

If it makes you feel better, the only reason I was able to kill the layer 6 boss this week was because of Yel’shir’s Powerglove. That was the final thing that pushed my dps as a healer over the threshold to beat the oneshot growth mechanic. For reference, “Your damaging spells and abilities empower your weapon, increasing the damage of your next melee strike by 115, stacking up to 100 times.” For the record, this is complete sarcasm and I had door of shadow traits that gave me 80 percent dodge and caused the boss to take 20 percent more damage. The real juicy power was Elethium Diffuser which did 40% aoe shadow damage based off how much damage I was hit with. So as the boss gained stacks of damage increase, my damage back to him increased. What WAS dumb though was mind controlling a Lord of Torment and using him to attack one of the floor bosses. The boss straight up ignored my MC’ed dude and beelined for me - thank goodness the boss was leashed. I also noted that when MCing elites with the stacking damage buff, the buff timer never fell off and constantly refreshed. On top of that, when I did have him MCed his damage dropped off as if he had no buff at all. All these built in double standards must be because of my lack of competency like Tupac (who is now praising the recent change as a good thing after spouting people were bad, or has he said in my case incompetent). GOOOOD times!

Torghast has been a mixed bag in my opinion… personally, I enjoy the game mode as a solo challenge (I’ve cleared layer 6 as a 165 arms warrior and 180+ enhance shaman), however it is curious that the rewards don’t support progression.

In horrific visions we had loot drop, so it was a legitimate way to progress your character internally. If you want to do raiding, you can start with LFR/normal and work your way up the gear ladder and eventually get to heroic and mythic. If you want to do m+ you can start with normal dungeons and progress to heroic and then the mythic ladder. If you love Torghast there are no rewards that support completing it at a higher level, you need to do other game modes for that. Yes, you get soul ash and legendary effect drops but these alone are not significant enough to propel you to a higher level. There’s also no currency, drops or gold to make money to buy your base equipment.

There were also pets and visual/aesthetic collections from visions that would entice people to participate even if they don’t want or need gear. These are all missing from Torghast.

As it stands I believe that Torghast is a major missed opportunity and needs more incentive to play. I just clear the highest level floor I can for ash one time and call it a day, but would play it more if there was a properly expanded reward system.

1 Like

it was never advertised as a solo event so get off your high horse

I beat 6th solo with i155, it was close. It gets more fun when it’s tougher, introductory floors give bad first impression

2 Likes

Um, it most certainly was. A few different time.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/12/11/torghast-solo-group/

https://www.pcinvasion.com/torghast-is-designed-to-prevent-burnout-in-world-of-warcraft-shadowlands/

And no. I hate walking. It’s why I stay out of the Maw.

I thought levels 7 and 8 this week were easier than level 6 was last week.

It’s really become a snore chore imo.

It’s been a snore since they were introduced, it takes waaaaay to long, is tedious and exhausting. They aren’t fast paced fun Solo content we were looking for to bang out some Soulash.

Timed layer 7 and it took me 36mins. Still way too long and I have decent gear too 210 wep, 213 shield etc.

We need a way for mobs to be auto looted and get these runs down too 15 mins so it’s a fast fun smash and grab RPG action. I would say more Anima buffs, the Souls should reward double % main attribute. etc…

Group content is apparently where its at. That is the emphasis they are highlighting.

We have PvP, M+ Raiding for that. Sorry but in today’s world and gaming people really enjoy online Solo content in RPGs. Maybe it’s because I played so much Diablo where it’s Solo. The fact is people want to enjoy content Solo then group up for something challenging like a Raid or efficient farming

There needs to be more Solo content focus. Torghast was supposed to be that and many people were excited about that.

I really want Torghast to take a very fast mob farming feel to it, where your build and Anima power make you feel OP. I think they should move all BoE drops to strictly Torghast in the infinite floor model then the higher floor higher chance at BoE’s dropping. Fun, fast loot hunter feel to it where I can drink my coffee and enjoy myself.

This particular mob seems broken and overtuned in a big way. After a lvl 8 5 death beating, I left Torghast to re-enter. Now if I see this mob I give it one attempt (because with all the nerfs changes buffs etc who knows what hits hard and what doesn’t) and then I leave and reset. This mob is a particular example of an xpac that was no where near ready to launch. Despite the most recent nerfs, I still hear long time players of the game saying they have had enough.