Torghast Bug?

So i’m currently on floor 15 of TC layer 7. I have 1 life remaining.

Now i fell off the platform twice, and that dropped me to 3 lives remaining.

Then at some point I noticed i only had 2? I hadn’t died, figured dang must have misremembered, do I start with 4?

But now it’s at 1, and I DEFINITELY haven’t died. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

My broker dead on every 3rd level starting from 12th. I did not receive any anima cores as well. Dead in 17th. Wasted an hour for a game bug. In between, there was one black screen, and had restarted the application. The difficulty is unpleasant. Have your internal team ever test and play this before releasing the game? ilvl-202 Vengeance Demon Hunter cannot solo TC L1. Each hit 25-50% hp lost. I wish Torghast system should never release since you cannot skill it properly and fixed bugs. People pay money for game times and person times are losing for bugs. Hope you all understand my point.

Yes!! That happened to us last night in Twisting Corridors as well. We were at 11 lives after one silly death, then we looked up a bit later and it said 9. No one else died. We just lost 2 lives for no seeable reason.

The other lost deaths were even more strange as they happened during combat. The 3 of us were fighting a large group of mobs, including the final boss, when suddenly one of us died. That’s fine. It happens. But, in chat it announced that we ALL had died, when the rest of us were still up and fighting the mobs. More deaths counted down.

The second time was the same. Fighting a rare and some random trash mobs, the chat again announced that we died. We lost life attempts. We very much were NOT dead. Then in a spectacularly weird event, we all just died minutes later. No explanation for it. And again, we lost MORE lives off the counter. It took away double the amount of lives for one death. We had 2 deaths left. Ouch.

The only thing that saved us from ending in a failed run was the potion on the vendor that gives you another life attempt when used. That made up for a few of the strange losses and we finished.

That made the end of the run seriously stressful as we were all tense in wondering if we would once again lose lives without reason and fail the run. It was only layer 2. I’m dreading moving upward as it gets more difficult if this is what is going to happen.

If you use a ravenous core on the broker, they stay dead the whole run. Don’t use it until 15th floor on the brokers (that guy isn’t the one on 18th)

And please take balance issues elsewhere, this is a bug report not a complaint. I personally love Torghast and had alot of fun doing my layer 7 and 8 TC clears last night.

This is exactly what happened to me. The first i could chalk up to dying and not remembering it, but after that I was watching it like a hawk. I never noticed the chat announcing i was dead? Does it do that?

As for “died minutes later,” was one of you a mage with the blood lust power? It makes blood lust last like 3 minutes but after that everyone effected by it dies and it DOES cost you lives.

It never showed up on my chat screen, but it did show up on the screen of two others in the group. :Charname has died:

We hadn’t died though. We were still very alive and fighting mobs. I was so confused when the other one in our group said, “You guys died, wtf.” We did lose lives at that point.

As for the Blood Lust power, no, the mage deliberately avoided taking that one for that reason. The death definitely had something to do with the Quake power being cast by the rare mob we were fighting. Again, chat said we died, but we didn’t. Deaths were lost from the count, then we died for real after the fight had already ended and we again lost more lives. I was way back from the group avoiding the quake effect, so I’m puzzled what happened.

Nah, wasn’t Blood Lust. If that was the case, we’d have died again in later floors when we were under effects.

Hmm could it be you had the cheat death power and got one shot by the quake? It saved you but it still logged a death?

You might have something there. I seem to recall taking a cheat death type power earlier in the evening. Dang.

Yeah… any avoidable damage in higher level Torghast needs to be avoided. No matter how strong your self healing may be.