Top end pvpers do not care about the state of the game when it comes to MMR infaltion

i don’t think they are ever gonna go back to that sadly

i think the best we can hope for is removing the number and making the ranking a bracket system

bronze - combatant
silver - challenger
gold - rival
platinum - duelist
diamond - elite
then the final tier can change every season based on the name. you get that tier you get Gladiator/Legend and if you are in the top 0.1% at the end you get rank 1

from there you’d just have to add a reward to bronze and silver that could be as small as a toy or pet. mount can still work the same way it does now, same with glad mount but you could make glad mount achievable via Legend as well since it would be tied to the bracket. 2s would get everything but final tier. RBG final tier would be Hero with a different mount skin which i guess you could do for Legend as well so there would be 3 glad-equivalent mounts achievable in 3s, SS, RBGs. they’d just have to add like “Crimson Hero” as the rank 1 title for RBGs.

4 Likes

you have put a lot of thought into this. respect homie

1 Like

The number is still there

We just won’t be able to see it

Use cobble. Then scatter some mossy stone bricks and mossy cobble throughout. Also, if you hang banners and such, you could decorate with color coordinated clay.

3 Likes

oh 100% but that’s true for every other game with a ranked mode and depending on how they break it down, it would more or less force people to be in the brackets they should be in which should make it easier for people to climb as they play more

1 Like

Like this idea. Especially rewards obtainable in all brackets except r1. I’m down with that.

Maybe for some, but there are at least a few that care about PvP as a whole.

Largely yes but people that are really good or the best at something always have egos. But some people use their ego to be engaging and helpful, others to be hurtful and toxic.

I would argue that the rewards aren’t what they think distinguishes people, it’s R1 titles and ratings honestly. But some are super protective of the rewards because they think they should be “hard” to get when I think a lot of times their definition of hard is not in line with what is hard for 80% of the player base maybe more.

I would say this is false because if the state of the game isn’t good no one plays and their titles and ratings mean less and less. The problem is the disconnect between a lot of them and most of the player base. Some of them rely on the game being good to make a living even.

This is true for a lot of players/athletes in at the top of the ladder in a competitive setting though.

If no one if left to care, then their status means nothing though? No sure how this would benefit them.

This is key. Easy/hard is relative, and I find most people who argue that rewards should remain much more unobtainable are in the group of people who can always get them.

I’d like to see their arguments if they made it impossible for them to get those rewards. I suspect most of them would change their tune to “well it’s obviously way too hard now. change it blizzard!”

3 Likes

That’s where the irony is! They only care about fulfilling their ego.

We literally saw this last season with the Glad mount lol.

1 Like

Ultimately I think there’s just a major lapse in understanding between safe glads, and people who struggle to get Duelist or whatever.

It sucks going into every season wondering if what you play will blow, or if there will be enough participation for you to earn at least the same rewards you got in the previous season(s). If you aren’t in a position to be nervous about how your season will go, then you won’t be able to understand the toll deflated MMR takes on people’s psyches as they queue seemingly for no reason in half of their sessions. Take KSM for example; I know I’ll get it in 100% of the seasons I feel like doing M+ because it’s always relatively obtainable, and I’ve played at that level enough to know I will always be able to at least play well enough to get it. So if I have a busy week and can’t push early, or fail a key that I needed for an IO boost, etc. it doesn’t concern me.

However, if I lose a week or two’s worth of progress in arena due to a bad queue session, it feels awful, because I have no idea if/when I’ll get it back.

Mmr inflation ruins the game. You are your current rating because that is what you deserve. If you want higher rating, play better.

There are like 20 people in the region above Elite cutoff in shuffle.

1 Like

Why is this bad

Hundreds of millions of people play golf

Maybe 50-100 of them make reliable livings on the PGA tour. Those players are Elite.

Elite means “there aren’t a whole lot of you”, not, “You’ll get there eventually just for logging in”

So if the title for 2400 was “slightly above average” you’d be okay with more people having it? :dracthyr_love_animated:

Nothing. It’s just the title they assigned to the rank. Challenger in league is top 200 region or whatever.

1 Like

isn’t it the 3rd or 4th week of the season? sounds fine to me

Ye.

A little lower than I think it should be but by mid-late season we’ll probably be more than fine. If anything this’ll probably end up being one of those gigainflated kneejerk seasons.

do you mean rank or rating?

This just in - people dont generally care about what doesnt affect them

i feel like Venruki made a good point when he said that the best players not having glad/legend right now when the mythic raid was cleared week 1 is pretty telling

even more crazy to think about when you consider there are like 36k people with KSH already. 0.0011% of people own the glad mount this season. Chanimal and Whaaz got theirs on 6/1 and they are rank 1 and rank 2 so maybe 3-5 people have it in EU atm? highest rated player in NA doesn’t have it yet

that’s pretty jarring