Tools and changes to boost participation

1. Create an AI sandbox 2s/3s for people to test UI elements and keybinds. Let players pick specs for their team and opponents and play out an arena match, same implementation as AI battleground

2. Allow for a permanent LFG where you can create a LF btags post of your experience, what specs you are interested in playing with, etc, and let people send you messages while they are offline

3. allow for solo queue into 3s ladder at 2400 cr and below, where you can filter what specs you are willing to play with (so I can sign up as a healer and only queue with random ret/war if I want, or random mage/lock) and the result will affect my 3s rating.

4. Allow for ‘bad luck’ rating protection. Everyone will have two ratings per bracket, and they can choose which one they play on. Default is to always play the highest (so a second, zero rating is never used). And if you want you can switch to playing on rating A or B manually, or toggle a setting so you’re always queueing your lowest one. This would effectively give everyone a free identical alt they can queue on without the stress of losing their rating after reaching a new high

1 and 2 are great ideas.

3 is almost a good idea.

4 not so much.

Yeah im with cov here. Class filters on shuffle would make queue times insane. And switching between a and b rating like bro just play.

Not on shuffle. Just on the integrated single round auto queue added to the 3s ladder. Shuffle is fine as is.

Re 4 - there’s many reasons m+ is so popular, but one of them is your rating doesn’t go down. Having two ratings you could queue on would preserve ladder integrity but take away the anxiety of losing your highest rating.

I healed so many more rounds on my lowest characters than I would be willing to risk on my higher ones.

Stop, it’s an awful idea and comparing arena to m+ to try and justify it is worse.

I want a seasonal reward track. Nothing to do with the enchants, elite armor, mount etc…

I want it track based upon performance, games and other metrics that rewards gold, conquest, currency, fun alternative mogs and toys added.

Could be a cool way to incentivize queueing throughout a season on a handful of characters.

2 Likes

lets just take that out.

This won’t work for soloq. For regular 3s, sure.

Win or lose. Win points or lose points. No protection.