Took 12 minutes to 3v2 an Affy/Evoker

Queued Rsham/Ret and got a 250k HP Mage on our team in a skirm. Queued into Affy/Evoker/Fury. We got a lucky kill on the Warrior early into it, then it took us 12 minutes to kill the Evoker/Affy.

Evoker did 9.9M healing and was at 50% mana when we finally killed him and never drank at all, I did 8.8m and had to drink twice. Affy did 11 million damage, and 6 million healing (and this was with me dropping grounding totem religiously).

Looked them up, they’re Challenger players the past 4 or 5 seasons, so it wasn’t like they were doing sick plays to live forever–their kits are just completely absurd. Why even start people who roll this stuff off at 0cr? Just give them R1 titles and get them out of the brackets.

7 Likes

Was said throughout most of beta up til release, Preservation was over-tuned numbers wise. Their throughput is far too high on top of their many cooldowns.

I suspect they’ll get hit come raid balance tuning.

3 Likes

I don’t even care about their healing, their mana is out of their world. Imagine having the mana to heal a 20+ minute match without ever having to drink. lol

Their mana is taking a 10% hit on reset tomorrow.

The fact that he was also healing a lock probably helped a good bit too, not that preservation doesn’t have insane mana game tho.

What do you expect, they are busy with nerfing A-tier classes to the ground. They have no time to take care of broken s tier specs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pres Evoker is going under the radar alot because of how stupid DHs are. They need a nerf, its crazy to see 3 dps trying to kill a geared one.

evoker heals seem wild. every bg evoker is top heals by a massive amount. talking like 18-20mil compared to the next healers at like 12-14mil. triple evoker healer meta in rbgs (?)

1 Like

I understand how broken evoker can be in the right hands. But are we just gong to skate by the affy lock defensives and healing?.. :grimacing:

Had 30m healing in seething shore and when game ended I still had 20% mana left without drinking or dying once

Meanwhile my hpal is instantly oom after one big team fight kek

2 Likes

Every decent Warlock main I know spoke about the nerfs like they were inconsequential. Guess we’ll see.

Yeah, I don’t know how Blizzard lets mana get that far apart between healers. I realize it’s probably tough to balance everything perfectly, but even with a 10% regen nerf I’m going to guess they’ll still be way ahead.

Preservation healing isn’t the issue here. The broken aspect of this comp is the Aff lock healing. Its still way way way overtuned.

Did you not see the 10% mana regen nerf they’re getting or do you just mindlessly post?

Honestly 9.9m isn’t the glaring issue here. A dps did 65% the healing of what you guys are describing as an OP healer, WHILE doing damage.

Other healers need to be where evoker is, and dps need to have their healing reduced. Make healers, the healers again.

2 Likes

What’s wrong, reroll? Scared of your little meta dreams coming to a crashing halt?

2 Likes

THIS! Evoker is in a good place; and they need to buff other healers.

Remove the drain life “wall” talent and you’d fix most of what is op about aff survivability. If we keep the wall, then our shield should be nerfed as well as some of the healing imo.

It would be far easier just to nerf or remove that talent though.

I want a good/fair season just as much as everyone else.

1 Like

Yeah actually, I did reroll. Why would I spend another season trying to out heal DH / aff damage, and still die in a global with every defensive and healing CD up because melee can just… do that? Please. I’m not an idiot.

The mental gymnastics people use with rating in this game is insane, like it’s worse than LoL. This part adds nothing to the topic.

Yes - more PvP tuning is obviously needed, more news at 11

1 Like

It adds everything to the topic. If they were high, or even highish XP players you could argue the tuning is high, but they’re just aware players exploiting it well.

These people have PVP’d every season for 5 years at Challenger max, and are unkillable. It illustrates a degree of broken tuning that needs immediate, harsh attention.

2 Likes

Sometimes it does; here it doesn’t. No other competitive PvP game uses this logic. If something is strong at a low ELO it’s actually used as a get-gud situation (Hey Blizzard if you’re reading this most legitimate developers are in touch with their playerbase and balance around the top end of a spectrum, please take notes), which is why trying to use Challenger players doing well with Lock/Evoker is so ironic. I don’t need to know their arbitrary experience (that could have outliers or reasoning behind it) to confirm that warlocks among many other classes right now are busted

Like okay I got stomped by going into 2400 fury warrior and DH players, by your and OP’s logic that’s apparently working as intended and these classes don’t need tuning.