Too much motion blur

here are the specs;

processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40Hz 2.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.85 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Display adapter: Nvidia G-force RTX 2060

System model: GF65 Thin 9SEXR

All drivers are up to date, I have tried changing a few settings in the Nvidia control panel without any success.

There just seems to lack graphic sharpness and there is so much motion blur that it gives me a migraine and feel a little sick and i don’t get motion sickness easily, the only time ive ever experienced motion sickness in my life is when i tried my friends VR goggles for over an hour. – feels kind of like motion sickness.

Any ideas?

All help appreciated

There’s no motion blur in the base engine. You either have an external plugin (eg SweetFX, Reshade, or GeForce Experience) applying it, your screen is updating slowly (possibly due to an “overdrive” setting being disabled), or you’re referring to a different phenomenon.

That being said, there is a hidden camera setting which some people find gives them motion sickness. Part of the effects it can apply is a focus effect, which could appear similar to motion blur. You should be able to disable it with the following:

/console actioncam off

1 Like

Try using DirectX11 and see if the issue persists. If not, it’s probably the same issue I have experienced and currently don’t know a fix for (besides using DX11)

Worked wonders for me, thank you! <3

1 Like

I turned off Vertical Sync and it fixed it for me. I had the same issues with my new computer. When I moved it had an awful blur. Disabling Vertical Sync fixed it completely. Hope this helps.

1 Like

thats a monitor issue. most likely you have a variable sync type of monitor (freesync with amd, or g-sync with nvidia). Gotta set up the monitor connection properly for it to sync up.

ok so I was experiencing same thing and I went down this list of suggestions and what finally worked for me is when I went to look at Geforce experience it gave me my current settings and what it suggested. I went down that list and noticed it had my resolution scale at current 200% and it should have been 100%. I changed that and boom fixed. for curiosity sake I changed everything back to what it was and left resolution scale at 100% and it works great still.