Too much misuse

These forums have only existed for a few years. Prior to that, we had the report function, only usable on one character, with clearly defined reasons for the report and very strict adherence to the “don’t abuse it” rule.

I consider these forums merely an updated continuation of the previous forums.

It was more strict than what we have now, but it was still abusable.

They aren’t. It’s an entirely brand new system called Discourse.

Not really. Downvotes were. Reports really weren’t.

Bring back downvotes and separate them from the ability to bury posts.

That way, downvoting and upvoting can be used to see how agreeable or disagreeable a given post is.

Misuse of the report option should be actionable, but isn’t. Weak mods are the problem, there.

8 Likes

Ok maybe “better part of a decade” was hyperbole, but what do you suggest to fix the problem. 2-3 years is still a long time.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/psa-flagging-is-not-a-downvote-button/783287

1 Like

People can’t handle downvotes. It hurts their fee fees

3 Likes

So waste more of the moderators time? I am sure that sounded like a good idea in your head. I hate to inform you, but it is a pretty terrible idea.

Then they can hide in Stormwind with the rest of the weaklings.

please dont say that word… :nauseated_face:
they need to move again to a REAL social media platform.
When I looked this one up its literally more garbagey than the FREE packages out there…and thats saying a lot.

Just delete the forums and put us all out of our misery.

I love how as I was reading it, it got flagged lmao

1 Like

downvotes are fine. Using the flag for a downvote should be punishable by hanging, lol

1 Like

I was surprised to see that it wasnt flag bombed when I came in here. Kiddies will be kiddies.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a post get flagged as I was reading it - combine that with the subject matter and that made me laugh

I see it maybe once every few weeks where im reading it and it changes to greyed out.
I agree with the OP. Flag abusers should be banned.
or…they COULD just give us a downvote and a promise that report abusers will be ejected from the aircraft at 30,000 feet

3 Likes

I think downvotes would be fine, it almost always seems that posts with unpopular opinions get flagged

2 Likes

A corporate website forum is social media?

I love the fact that they misused the flag against a post against misusing the flag. Precisely the point.

2 Likes

Remember opposing viewpoints means you get flagged falsely and likely forever by people who can’t accept reality for 2 seconds.

2 Likes