Tomb of Sargeras KJ Bugged?

Ive had more than one raid group go in and try to kill KJ. We used to struggle with the fallen avatar but now its KJ. Is KJ actually bugged? We cant seem to kill him

You could at least describe what is causing the problems.

1 Like

if you are getting knocked off the platform? no. that’s a mechanic.

screen going dark unable to see more than 3 feet in front of you? nope. mechanic.

unhealable AoE damage ? perhaps tuning issues… but mostly mechanic.

Rip kyrian stretcher toy in instances :confused:

Was great for avoiding the knockbacks

Yeah, everyone is getting shot off the platform or just dying from damage from the orbs.
Ive done this fight before and i dont remember that mechanic. Apparently nobody else knows either cause ive been in there with multiple groups and everyone… and i mean everyone ive went with has died due to the knockback no matter their ilvl or amount of hp they got

If you get close to the orb you won’t get knocked off the platform. It’s really as simple as that and always has been. They don’t do any damage unless you are directly underneath them, so anyone dying from “damage from the orbs” is probably dying from grossly mishandling one of the other mechanics. My guess would be not soaking the Armageddon Blast or Armageddon rains.

It’s always been there. Either you didn’t do it on a difficulty where it happens or you’ve forgotten.

Yes, getting knocked off the platform is fatal. Don’t do that and you’ll all be fine.

orb knockback you.

you are supposed to hug them and get knocked to the opposite end… or if you get a middle one ; you kill the tank add and dispell the tank 0.5 sec after the drop explode.

mechanic, not bug.

1 Like

If you are doing the fight on mythic, the orbs do happen in both intermissions. The first intermission goes 4 - 2 - 4 orbs per set. With the locations being random. For the second intermission (i.e. screen goes black) the orbs happen in a set order. The order is as follows from the perspective of facing KJ before the fight starts;

Top right, bottom right, bottom left, top left. There is a 10 or so second delay between the bottom right orb going off and the bottom left orb spawning. The pattern remains the same for every other orb set during that intermission. When doing the orbs on mythic during these intermissions, you want to use the orbs knockback to knock you towards the next orb. If it is the last orb, use it to be knocked back to the center of the platform. The knockback is stronger on mythic too. So you need to be right up to the orb (without actually being in it) to survive the knockback if you are going corner to corner. It also means the angle is important. Just 1 degree can be the difference between life and death.

The orbs do happen in the 1st intermission on heroic, but they don’t come in sets of 2 and 4. The orbs only show in the 2nd intermission on mythic.

1 Like