Toggle on/off dragon riding

Congrats on asking for a thing they have already confirmed, and did so a long time ago.

That’s what they said would happen, that you could toggle between “normal” and “dynamic” flying (though, most likely, only whilst on the ground).

All of it is air swimming.

But it’s literally not. Do you think ducks and geese fly up so they can dive bomb to get some speed, and do it over and over again??? No. They fly a horizontal plane while flapping their wings. Never seen them fly in ‘V’ formation climbing up and soaring…

If this is the case then I will never buy another expansion! Old flying should be allowed on day 1, as a purchase, period . Better yet, just GIVE us old flying on day one as a courtesy for forcing us so so so so many time to do the stupid Pathfinder over, and over, and over again!

3 Likes

Geese like many other birds use a combination of flapping and soaring.

1 Like

This is exactly what I want. Let us use summon random mount the original way and get a 2nd button just for summon random dragonriding mount.

2 Likes

I just got on a DRing mount in old content they fly with normal, old flight.
hope it wasnt a bug.

1 Like

You picked a weird hill to die on, but you do you, friend.

This feels like a really bad take. We get dragonriding day 1 for the whole expansion. Why is it a big deal to not have old school flying day one? You can still dragonride from day one.

1 Like

Because some of us cannot stand dragon riding because it makes us physically ill. Also, because there is NO good reason not to give us old riding & flying on day one.

5 Likes

Sure there is. Let’s say I get ill at my driving school when racing my car; I do actually. But the problem isn’t that I am particularly prone to motion sickness, there was a particular track I would go to that was small, best suited to autocross, and the walls were much closer. Take that fluke away, and I didn’t get sick. The track was the problem for me.

I’m not here to diagnose anyone’s motion sickness, but Blizzard has provided a number of accessibility options in addition to the “safer” legacy flying, and it’s not actually true that all flying methods need to have exactly the same usages, as they affect the gameplay in diferent ways.

THANK YOU! (For posting this and expressing your thoughts) . I know that I am in a very small minority but I have been playing this game since Wrath and I absolutely despise Dragon Riding. I would love the option to make the choice. I am not a gamer, I am a Wow player. That statement will make sense to people that do not have the hand -eye skill set that some new features and mechanics are now required in game.
p.s. Yes I have tried tutorials and practising and cannot master it. I have had help from other players and they have agreed with me after watching me fail the first race 62 times they to have included it’s just not for me. lol

3 Likes

There are going to be multiple mounts that are not able to Skyride, so you technically wont have to toggle.

As I understand it, there will be a toggle, but unfortunately the toggle is either all mounts on or all mounts off. All flying mounts will be capable of dragon flying, so what that means is you have to stop and toggle each time you want to change. You will not be able to do like we can now, where certain mounts are used for dragon flying and others for regular flight. It’s a bad change, one basically designed to prevent you from easily switching between modes for quick things like slowing down to pick and choose landing spots among mobs, etc.

Not true, there’s a lot of them that will only be static flight. So if you don’t want to worry about toggling, you can leave it on dynamic flight and have a regular static flight mount on your bar too.

No, it’s flatulence powered gliding.
And there’s zero reason it has to be delayed at all. Other than Daddy Blizz being a spiteful elitist jerk. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

in the mount menu there will be a button next to the total mount (skyriding). when you click it a menu will open up. the bottom button allows you to change flight style back to classic.

1 Like

yeah, turns out that is absolutely not possible.

air swimming is what I do dragonriding when I constantly hit the button to make me go forward, it’s like a breast stroke every single time.

1 Like