Today shows a new patch .. won't get past patch manifest

Been sitting on fetching patch manifest for last hour…

Have shut down and restarted the patcher twice and discovered that it isn’t closing correctly as I had to go to task manager and manually close 3 windows of Blizzard Update Agent… I then restarted and I am still getting a permanent “fetching patch manifest” in the loading bar with the bar not filling

EDIT for solution (at least for now)
Dug out and deleted Cache file … this got it past the manifest hurdle in case anyone else has this bloody issue

It will be your security software, always is. Try disabling it. I had to change security software providers, because one day Battle net and Bit defender decided they did not want to play together anymore. Only way it would work was totally uninstalling the software, disabling did not work for me

My Launcher won’t update properly. I have to keep closing and opening the launcher to get it to advance 1% everytime. I hope they evaluate this patch and its implementation process, this has been a miserable experience this week.

Patch worked fine here no issues and rarely do I ever have issues with Blizzard games. Op you can try resetting the options

An update with my issue. I use Bit Defender security and I had to uninstall it. Everything updated without a hitch after that.

1 Like

Check that these exceptions are added in your Antivirus or other security software. You may need to research the instructions for doing so on the manufacturers website or google.

Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Battle.net (both Battle.net Launcher and Battle.net icons)

Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > ProgramData > Battle.net > Agent > Agent.6525 (Agent icon)

Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > World of Warcraft > retail (Wow icon)

Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > World of Warcraft > retail > Utils folder. (Wow Browser and Wow Proxy icons)

Note: These are default locations - if the game is installed on another drive you will need to navigate there.

1 Like

For me deleting the caches fixed it save the fact that NOW WoW keeps telling me my video card needs an update …

just checked and NVidia GeForce Experience says it is up to date.

Not sure why blizzard is poking their noses into my video card either this is what I have updates set to automatic AND check it daily when I think of it.

I had this experience before Xpac and after, multiple Battle net games would not update, they would stall, stop at cache checking, indices, you name it.

Deleted folder and cache and reset things as per the help . I would eventually get it to work and install, but each method used would not always work the next time.

I added exceptions to my security software, complete blizzard and wow folders to be ignored. Disabled them, STILL the issues happened.

Finally after sending logs off to Blizzard online chat support and getting things looked at. They said uninstall your Bit Defender. because even adding exceptions and disabling it, can still cause the issue not to be fixed.

So I then proceed with not much hope, to totally uninstall the security software. And low and behold not an issues since.

I now use system mechanic pro because I already had a subscription on that, and that does not interfere with the loader.

So if you keep getting constant issues, get rif of the security software once you have done all the tips and tricks, and try something else