To the "NoChanges" Crowd, don't screw up TBC like you screwed up classic

I understand that they did do some changes but largely left issues and balances unaddressed in classic.

And what did that get us? Warriors and Mages everywhere, Humans and Undead everywhere. Why? Because people knew how the balance would shake out and knew they wouldn’t be addressed. All that along a host of other issues that should have been fixed but weren’t and while Classic is largely entertaining, it is a shell of what it could have been if those issues were addressed.

Don’t mess up TBC with that same mindset and push. Actually push for changes that impact issues in the game without impacting the feel of the classes or the instances.

And to blizzard, don’t pretend they are “Museum Pieces” they aren’t and you have already proven that with the changes you have already done.

10 Likes

I would tell you to be specific, but we both know that there were tons of exploits and bugs in Classic that could not have been foreseen.

The only thing I can imagine being changed is something like Fear Ward Xfaction being reverted since it created a balance problem.

In some universe Paladin Seals get Xfactioned.

Maybe an exploit or two gets fixed.

I don’t see Blizzard choosing to make a comprehensive list of balance changes to say the least.

1 Like

I’m no changes and they should go back to fear not having diminishing returns.

They changed all kinds of stuff in classic. Stop acting like no changes ruined anything.

5 Likes

Classic was not ruined. I’ve quite enjoyed it.

5 Likes

I enjoyed classic as well. Never had a issue with that game. Shocked my self with that one.

1 Like

No changes was dead at launch.

The only TBC changes I could actually see being needed would be artificially timegating raid/content releases. No bugs which require fixes ages after release means we’ll roll through T4.

LoL. The “NoChange” crowd did nothing other than state their preference. Exactly the same as anyone else who wasn’t in that camp.

Did it make a difference? Did it matter? Who knows?

Classic certainly wasn’t screwed up, as evidenced by its immense success.

5 Likes

Um… what needed to be addressed?

You’re playing a 15 year old game that has been discussed and examined and META’d to death.

If you went into classic expecting a new fresh game with lots to discover, then that’s on you for having unrealistic expectations.

TBC will be overrun with Locks and Hunters. Because we all know how that shakes out.

4 Likes

Or maybe classic was screwed up because of the changes they made at the very beginning before game even launched. Like massive servers enabled via layering, and not having a sizeable and active gm staff policing each realm.

7 Likes

I was against the whole ‘‘no changers’’ thing, but tbh, after seeing what bllizzard did in regards to imposing more strict instance limits, which hurt actual players more than it did bots, I don’t really trust them to make good changes to the game, it’'ll happen just like it did in retail where they listen to only forum goers and the game will be trash.

Haha blaming the player base instead of Blizzard. Perfect drone.

2 Likes

Correct. If they do TBC, many/most people that play it will already know what the best spec’s and optimization is for whatever area of the game they are interested in.

The idea you can just go back in time and start a fresh adventure with a decade+ old game is silly.

1 Like

Don’t blame no changes for the fact that modern gamers are meta slaves and incapable of doing anything or thinking of anything outside of what their favorite streamer(s) say or do.

Vanilla had rogues, night elves, undead, and hunters everywhere, the game has always had overrepresentation of particular classes and/or races, you sound like someone that never played Vanilla.

I’m confused.

#nochanges never was, isnt, and never will be a thing. So who exactly are you railing against…??

Nochangers were a meme group that spammed “Nope” at everyone and everything. They’re nowhere to be found and nobody should take them serious to begin with. Most were just contrarians looking to troll the forums without getting banned for trolling.

3 Likes

Whats wrong with classic? I’ve had a great time.

1 Like

Nope, sorry. You’re wrong.

Classic was a dumpster fire and was completely ruined. If you enjoyed it you’re a noob who doesn’t even understand how real games should be played. Sorry but those are just #forumfacts

If they rebalanced the game we’d have seen X and Y classes everywhere, alone with A and B races everywhere. Why? Because no matter how well the fine tuning phase goes, someone will be on top or broken for an encounter or something else entirely.

Classic was fine, TBC will be fine.

2 Likes

This.
Chess has existed for literally THOUSANDS of years and the meta still shifts. Meta’s will change, strategies will become more/less popular… but there will ALWAYS be A prevailing meta in any competitive game…