To the Newly Transferred: Welcome!

I hope you have a great time checking out the server! Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I see that this server shares sharding with my current server, Sisters of Elune.
As it is, RP here is a little sparse for me outside of planned events (in other words, few people are hanging about RPing), this might be due to the fact I’m in the EST and work nights.
So the question is, will I see more interaction on WA if I switch from SoE, specifically mornings/afternoons PST as I’m 3 hours ahead of realm time?

2 Likes

RP servers are technically sharded together more than they are with regular servers. As a result, you might seen people from Cenarion Circle, SoE, Moon Guard and our very own WrA. Unfortunately, they still have us divided with roleplay profiles unless you’re grouped with others.

WrA Horde is probably the most active server you’ll find. Even if you’re EST, I think you’ll have no shortage of roleplay. Being Alliance, I know a fair few people who are EST and several central / mixed time zones. I imagine it’s the same with Horde, especially since we absorbed a lot of other players from different servers.

A little aside, too: I started on SoE during TBC. I came to WrA in WotLK and never regretted my choice. I’ve played both sides of the aisle and I can tell you there’s something for everyone here. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ha, I’ve been on SoE since TBC myself, off and on over the years! :slightly_smiling_face:
I use TRP3 and the only people I ever see around are from Cenarion Circle and SoE in social RP situations, only time I run into folks from WrA is during group questing and whatnot unfortunately…no time for social stuff!
I’ve heard for a while now that this realm and Moon Guard are THE roleplay servers these days, Horde and Alliance respectively, and with that sale going on I’m really considering it.
I appreciate the help and good attitude!

4 Likes

I just want to say real quick that, while I’ve seen a number of people mention Wyrmrest Accord as being the “Horde RP” server, WrA also has a large and active Alliance-side RP community. Unlike Moon Guard, which in my experience has a booming Alliance community but an extremely small Horde one, WrA’s faction population difference is all but unnoticeable. Both factions have walk-up RP and active guilds!

WrA’s activity is a little lower in the mornings and afternoons than it is in the evenings, but I sincerely doubt you’ll ever find yourself alone in Stormwind, Silvermoon, or the VoH. I recommend though that you roll a level 1 over here to check out the hubs at your typical playing hours on a couple different days, to see if the activity level seems better to you.

9 Likes

According to realmpop as of today the current population favors Horde by a small margin 56% vs 44%.

Taking into consideration that many of those accounts may be bank alts, pvp/pve toons or just plain leveling alts and therefore may not a great representation of the RP community present.

However, I will add, many folks that roll toons for pvp/pve/bank alts generally tend to lean towards that faction. (EG: I have 2 toons A side, and my other 30+ are Horde).

Just food for thought!

4 Likes

I think that recent bump for Horde has to do with MG players transferring en masse. We’re very active over on WrA - Alliance. This week has easily been as active as Cata days (but maybe because people use Stormwind more and Ironforge, not sure).

1 Like