To the Newly Transferred: Welcome!

Don’t forget the guild directories! Good points otherwise!

3 Likes

If you’re a new transfer who’s never tried RP before - the best piece of advice I’ve ever been given was to download an RP addon! There’s three that I know of - TRP, XRP, and MRP.

These allow you to change your character name, write descriptions about their appearance and history, and indicate whether or not you are In Character or Out of Character. They’re really useful to have when breaking into the RP scene!

TRP is the most popular of these, as it’s the most detailed. I myself am an XRP user though - I simply prefer the interface. I’d recommend trying all of them out, and seeing which one you prefer!

To all new transfers, welcome to WRA! I hope you have fun here, and enjoy the server as much as I do!

6 Likes

Thanks for this tip! I updated the OP with the Horde guild directory, but I don’t see an updated / current Alliance one. Just the one from the old forums. If anyone has a new link, please hit me up!

Weirdly generous to have this sale right before a new allied race comes out isn’t it?

1 Like

It’s almost like Blizzard is a business and trying to capitalize off everyone’s excitement. :open_mouth:

Love the list of helpful info here! Thanks for the reminder that I need to bump the Horde Guild Directory!

Also, the thread you have in your OP is the original Horde Guild Directory. The one below is the new, updated version for our new forums! It has more guilds and more are being added all the time!

1 Like

Gonna throw our Discord up too, for anyone wanting to make friends!

Updated. Sorry about the link confusion there, Shaysinn!

3 Likes

No worries! Love what you’re doing here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WELCOME NEW FOLKS!

We also have this resource as well:

I haven’t updated it in a couple months but it has some good stuff in there for newcomers.

3 Likes

Are there any Dwarven RP resources/links? I’ve recently transferred from a less active server and I was wondering what the interest was in the RP community.

2 Likes

Best I can offer is invoking Bathildis’ name and hoping they see it. I haven’t kept in touch with the Dwarven community in a hot minute due to how wild the year(s) have been. If you dig through the forums you can find the links to their guilds and communities but I can’t find it off the top of my head. I’ll come back with an edit and a link if I do!

Edit: that didn’t take very long for me but would have taken a lot of time to someone who transferred. Here you go:

Bathildis and many others regularly keep the dwarven community stimulated with their rigorous server events from time to time. They even garnered attention from Gamemasters just a year or two ago to get the pub that they use named in-game!

4 Likes

I may just go ahead and start an updated Alliance Guilds thread, since it seems like the old one will not be dusted off.

3 Likes

I’m almost certain there’s a Dwarven in-game community channel. I don’t know off the top of my head, but I’ll ask around and see what I can dig up.

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of the Mead Hall?

2 Likes

You’re a saint. Thank you, I’ll add it to the OP.

Thank you for welcoming those of us who are on the fence (battlements?) in such a positive light. I’ve considered transferring a lower level toon here to immerse myself in it while I level her up. Looks like I’ll have something to look forward to this weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aye! Feel free to reach out in game, or on here with any questions! The Mead Hall is awesome! :wink:

3 Likes

I hope you have a great time checking out the server! Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I see that this server shares sharding with my current server, Sisters of Elune.
As it is, RP here is a little sparse for me outside of planned events (in other words, few people are hanging about RPing), this might be due to the fact I’m in the EST and work nights.
So the question is, will I see more interaction on WA if I switch from SoE, specifically mornings/afternoons PST as I’m 3 hours ahead of realm time?

2 Likes