To the "Hardcore-Torghast-Lovers" Crowd

It’s too much to ask for solo content period. All of the recent changes make it must better for groups than for the solo players this was supposedly meant for.

1 Like

Clear the most convenient Layer and be done for the week. Why is that so difficult? Is everyone here really doing all the content that much that they need the best legendary for everything?

1 Like

Do you work for Blizzard? Serious question.

1 Like

That doesn’t really change anything about the design of how it awarded gear, just scale the gear to Shadowlands item levels.

The lowest layers can have gear basically on par with normal dungeons, scaling up to Mythic+ at the higher levels.

But keep the difficulty if they’re gonna do that. Maybe add a few layers on top of what we have now to scale the difficulty up a bit more.

I… can’t agree with this.

It’s not like there’s only one difficulty level to Torghast and that’s it. There are multiple levels, and yes, higher levels are difficult, but they’re supposed to be. From my understanding this is how the difficulty stacks up:

Level 1 = Entry level (you can do this if you’ve got basic level 60 gear)
Level 2 = Heroic dungeons
Level 3 = Mythic dungeons
Level 4 = Mythic +2/3
Level 5 = Mythic +4/5
Level 6 = Mythic +6/7
Level 7 = Mythic +10/11
Level 8 = Mythic +13/14

If you’re not capable of clearing a Mythic +4 then you have no business being in Torghast level 5 or higher. If you’re not capable of doing mythic dungeons because you don’t have the gear, then Level 3 is not for you. Go back to level 2 or 1.

There’s no rush to get soul ash, there’s no rush to get rank 4 legendaries right away. Take your time, gear up, and then try to hit the higher difficulty stuff.

Thankfully for those still wanting that hardcore experience, the Twisting Corridors will be available soon.

Well, they are greatly nerfing Torghast now so it should be nice and easy for most of you now. :slight_smile:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/updating-torghast-this-week/783123

If it gets much easier they’re probably going to start nerfing ash. :angry:

Ever heard of endless mode? It’s coming.

1 Like

dont need to do lvl 8 for legendaries whomp whomp you can do it from lvl 1 and missions… get over it

You dont get the highest gear right away? wow what a concept just like you arent getting mythic raid gear either…

1 Like

The upper layers should be difficult. But should have correlating powers to deal with that difficulty. Luckily they are working on giving us some interesting things, that will hopefully help it feel like a rogue-lite. And not just a long dungeon.

Then why bother with 8 difficulties if you make them all easy when the player base is fairly undergeared?

challenge mode will be the 18 floor version. i say blizz should let the other layers for soul ash be ez pz and just fun by getting op with anima powers

I could agree to this. Put awesome mog or something in the hard ones. I actually enjoyed the mage tower because it wasn’t required and didn’t have anything important locked in it.

yeah, twisted corridors is supposed to be challenge mode and reward mogs and stuff. i cant remember the list or where it is exactly in wowhead.

edit: im actually most excited about it.

1 Like

Sweet. It’s always better to have challenging things be optional. If I’m struggling to max out a Torghast for max ash, it gets frustrating. With limited time to play, I would rather do the things I subbed for.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. “Hardcores” ruin this game.

2 Likes

Most of these “hardcore torghast” people are playing one of the following classes

1. paladin
  2. hunter
  3. warlock
  4. demon hunter
  5. Druid

Why?
Because these classes are almost 100x easier than let’s say a rogue or a mage.

I play paladin and mage and trust me the difference is my paladin is some what challenging at layer 8 and my mage, it’s down right impossible at layer 8 with 18 higher ilevel gear than my paladin

3 Likes

No, most people play these classes because they always have some god spec at some point every single expac.

Also, to the one saying that WoW is an MMORPG and emphasizing group and all of that yada yada, then we should start making old content that is soloable now requiring a full 20, 25, or 40 man raid groups. No longer could you transmog run by yourself or solo anything in this game, period. If you are solo, you get a debuff in damage dealt, healing dealt, healing received, plus less HP and more damage taken debuff until you find at least 4 other players to venture with.

How do you like that bs? It would be -90% damage reduced, -98% healing received, -98% healing done, -90% max health, +300% damage taken and let’s also add in a 95% movement speed slow while we are at it that nobody can immune, block, dispel, or anything else not even paladin bubble can stop it.

The only way these effects stop are when you are in a full party, then they get halved. When you are in a full 30 or 40 man raid group they get removed fully.

Your soulash was front loaded. You could easily clear up to layer 5 in world quest gear. You could get 75% of the soulash a normal player would receive if they cleared layer 8. So you would STILL get your leggo, but i guess that wasnt enough. You have to have everything now. Well slow clap

2 Likes

Yeah, and some specs are stuck on lower layers because of bad RNG. How hard is that to understand?