To the forum trolls gloating about the queue times:

Probably a puppet account for someone at Blizzard, back in the day there were a few CMs etc that would make them. Some of the biggest forum trolls and contrarians were Blizzard puppet accounts.

3 Likes

So if i switch to my level 70 character, you would suddenly be ok with it?

Yes I would be.

1 Like

They are locking all servers to 4 layers. This isn’t their max load as has been seen many times before during TBC. Their solution is to spread people out with a forced hand instead of unlock their infrastructure to the point that we know it can handle. Likely is capable of way more than even what we’ve seen but them not even saying a thing is deafening.

They’d probably shut a few of us up if they just posted a picture of Benediction at red line.

4 Likes

tell me more about your pathethic attempt of ad hominem

Bloomsday? Ad hominem was his retort.

I’m very proud of you, though! Good job showing us who you really are :). Very happy I’m not on your server. Now people might even engage in real conversation with you. Not me, at least not this time, because your reply was still stupid.

1 Like

All I know is I paid to transfer to multiple different servers for the same result. I would like blizz to fix the issue or my sub will lapse. Simple as that.

4 Likes

God you’re an insufferable disappointment.

3 Likes

By increasing the resources available to the realms to create more layers and instances.

oh noes, someone is posting on his first character in wow he must be a troll without sub. You can’t even address my post so you resort to typical slur.

Players decided to abandon servers. Players decided to leave. Players decided to select the largest server. It is played created problem, not Blizzard. They sold you server transfer service which worked exactly that, they didn’t sell you any promise.

Also in case you think you are talking to blizzard fanboy, view my post history and you can see I dunk on Blizzard more often than praise.

I’m not interested in justifications or assigning blame. I explained my pain point. I posted my expectations for a resolution. I explained the consequences of there not being an acceptable solution. The ball is in blizzard’s court. It’s as simple as that.

2 Likes

I’ve suspected this in the past. Now my opinion is maybe, maybe not.

I’ve worked at other companies where people would do just this. These people would basically work unpaid and with no “authorization” they would go onto sock puppets and defend the company on web forums, Amazon review replies etc. So it wouldn’t surprise me. Why did they do that? Who really knows.

With that being said if you support Blizzards decisions and just play contrarian on these forums you can get away with basically trolling frustrated people all day and pretty much never get in trouble, as long as you aim to follow the forum CoC you are good.

Oh and on this thread topic overall. I KNEW there would be queues. I thought I’d be more “Oh it’s all your fault and I told you so” but I really empathize with people like the OP because I know how many have been through this stuff. it’s just a crappy situation. I can’t mentally be mean to people who I can empathize with, it’s impossible and totally against who I am. Now as for people who are mean and nasty to others? Yeah, I’ll be mean to them back all day. This OP came to my <3 server Earthfury to try to have a good time and it bit him, how could I possibly be mean to that?

3 Likes

Yikes, could you imagine if someone was repeatedly trying to get you to engage in bad faith arguments for you simply having an opinion based off your experience.

2 Likes

People like to pvp on the forums over people’s actual frustrations. I’m not interested in engaging with those kinds of posts. I’m here to leave feedback.

For sure, i don’t think it’s unreasonable for blizzard to put their big boy pants on and come up with a workable solution that doesn’t involve costing people money later.

Honestly maybe it’s time they look at a megaserver per region for classic.

They are already there with the layering of the current sized mega servers.

They have already shifted into #SomeChanges with wotlk reforged, they may aswell just make 1 server per region and be done with it.

Or you know open more layers on the servers that are under heavy queue times.

2 Likes

I think a lot of us at this point have similar backstories to yours.

Queue times suck for sure.

1 Like

I mean, it’s true most of the time. Since you went ahead and posted once on your actual toon, here’s a real response.

Blizzard didn’t build the toll road big enough for how many monthly passes they sold. It doesn’t matter that new people moved into the city, they still sold the passes. People would be mad about this in any other scenario, and they would expect a solution.

Why people just accept queue times in 2022 and blame players is literally beyond my comprehension, which is why I assume you’re all just trolls honestly. There are solutions that alleviate it, they just have chosen not to use them.

Pretty sure people would much rather get into the game and deal with sharding than sit in 4 hour queues.

Or I would LOVE to see an explanation from their developers on why the layering system has failed so miserably at this point.

2 Likes

Blizzard should give a transfer voucher for each character that takes a free transfer tbh. So if you move from Faerlina to Sulfuras/Blaunchy and it dies, you can come back to faerlina, or some other populated server at no cost. I believe a lot more people would take the transfer if they had that safety net too, fixing the queues a lot faster.

It’s possible that the servers are at capacity. If people are spread out across multiple zones atm so there’s a really high player count, but not all in 1 zone, you’d probably see less layers. Layers aren’t the only factor determining how big a server can get, since there are other things like the AH that go haywire with too many people.

Now, Blizzard absolutely should explain what is going on with the servers. The lack of communication from them and dialog with the community on how to fix the current state is a disgrace.

1 Like

here is my story, i have been playing at the same server from last june and never had an issue